208 boozer

slf

I was pals with young Dave Paton we went to the same primary school and then onto the High school together.

I was brought up from the age of 5 to 11 in Firbank road. Good community spirit everyone helping everyone else.

Mon the letham team!

Braw place stayed there from 70 to 89

Luncarty born but have spent many years staying in the "toon".... North muirtons Bute drive, then a few years in Lethams Tarvie place, back to North Muirtons Jura street now residing in Tullochs Braken brae. Can certainly say each place has had its pros and cons but wouldn't class any of them as "shite holes"  maybe I'm easily pleased.   Noo I'm an auld grandad I'm looking at moving on again, with luncarty/Stanley being the most likely 

I can't believe you're actually defending what you said by offending people further. Naturally lots of people would rather live in a 7 bed Victorian villa on Kinnoull hill than a 3 bedroom former council house in Tulloch but for 99% of people that's a bit far reaching. I don't actually know anyone who could afford to live there. I've only met two people in my entire life who have lived there and neither of them do now, as it was their parents houses. 

In Tulloch, the street I live on is full of people who own their own homes, we all have cars and work for a living. There are a few young couples and families starting out in life plus a good few retired couples (who used to work, funnily enough). There's no trouble, everyone knows everyone else and lots of us have lived here for a very long time. 

The houses don't look as nice as the ones in Oakbank or Kinnoull Hill and its maybe not your cup of snobbish tea but to describe it as a "shite part of town" is offensive to the people who live there. There are small pockets that are perhaps less desirable (I.e. down by the shops) in both Letham and Tulloch but by and large, no problems. Certainly in Tulloch, people take pride in their gardens, there's no rubbish strewn about or stuff lying dumped about the place. I don't go to Letham much so can't say too much about it but know lots of people who live there who never complain about it. 

The 208 in its current state is not pleasant and nobody has disagreed with you there. I said it has potential to be something better and outlined the ways in which that could happen. You're just assuming the area it's in is full of folk who can't afford to eat out or go out for a few drinks therefore couldn't support it. I'm sure that may be true for some people but I'm telling you - from personal experience, having actually lived here - that your view point doesn't actually speak for the majority. You are making a crass generalisation based on an ignorant opinion of the place. I have plenty of disposable income and regularly eat out. Incidentally I know a few people who live in Oakbank who don't have a lot of disposable income because they've rooked themselves trying to live in a house they can barely afford.  

Stop being so narrow minded and judgemental. 

Its been a while, and maybe you should refresh your post.

At no point did i say anything derogatory about the folk who lived in the likes of letham or tulloch. i made no reference to them having no disposable income, not owning their own homes, not being able to eat out, or bizarrely having a rubbish strewn garden. I dont think i commented on the residents of those estates at all.

I simply pointed out most folk would , if given a chance, prefer to live in a nicer neighbourhood. Thats not snobbishness narrowminded or judgemental, its reality.

Its been a while, and maybe you should refresh your post.

At no point did i say anything derogatory about the folk who lived in the likes of letham or tulloch. i made no reference to them having no disposable income, not owning their own homes, not being able to eat out, or bizarrely having a rubbish strewn garden. I dont think i commented on the residents of those estates at all.

I simply pointed out most folk would , if given a chance, prefer to live in a nicer neighbourhood. Thats not snobbishness narrowminded or judgemental, its reality.

she's on her high horse and your talking bollocks.

Have you actually asked the majority of letham and tulloch residents there opinions ? Reality suggests you just conjured up a viewpoint from your own feverish imagination.

Bit of a fall from grace for this place. Saw it when passing by the other week going to the Cremmie.

I used to have the occassional pint in there back in the early 80s and it was ok as a pit stop. Back then I think they were making money from DHSS Bed and Breakfast which is probably what kept the thing going.