208 boozer

slf

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My understanding of Teuchter was always someone from The Isle of Lewis altough I have been told the original meaning is a weegie word for someone originating from outwith Glasgow city boundary. Where are you from c_s  :wink: ?

I will always carry on with my oriiginal Teuchter thinking.

It was very very clever. I think the guy Bain who wrote it died in the late 1980s. The character died with him, unlike Oor Wullie and the Broons that were never the same after they stopped reprinting the Dudley D Watkins originals.

All the Angus Og characters are here in this one :)

drambeg4.jpg

Edited by babychunder

• 2 months later...

Strange one that. Used to be popular with Saints & away fans before games but I think there was rumour it was closed & everyone started going to Barrosa ,Tulloch & Muirton suite. The funerals also started to go to McDiarmid & even when McDiarmid for Ryder cup they started to go to Lovett.

Twoser had a final BBQ yesterday with the regulars getting free drinks etc, i think one of the reasons its closing is due to Helen having medical problems (losing her eyesight) so is taking early retirement. I must admit its not a pub i have been in often lately but still sad to see it shutting, i have many many memories of the place good and bad. Same can be said for the Moncrieff arms with Duncan retiring and rumours stating its getting turned in to an Indian restaurant. Two establishments where i frequented many many times before and after matches, player of the year nights in the Monk were summat else !!!

208 was always a great place for an 18th in my Youth, i remember a short while where they did Irn-Bru WKD'S for £1. every point was accompanied by one, i was a state. 

Moncrieffe was the 2nd pub i got sold in before my 18th, the first being just down the road at the Stagger Inn. I'm gonna miss it. And i seriously hope it just stays a pub. 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was in Perth yesterday and I see it's demolished.

Completely levelled.

It is home to one of the oddest experiences I have had in a pub. Lived relatively close and decided to go on night for a quick pint and a game of pool with my brother-in-law. Walked in to find barman and two regulars sitting in front of the TV watching Eastenders in silence. It was like strolling into someones living room.