nothing to Play for now...

saint-johns-toun

If we got 4th vs 6th then I think c£200k is the difference. That equates to maybe 3/4 first team players for next season. I suspect Tommy will have had a conversation with SB already and any 'extra' from above 6th should go straight to the manager. Depends on how much of the £200k would go to the players as bonuses etc.

That said, I'd like to see Wright blood a few more younger players over the next 5 games. Maybe half an hour here and there for some of the u20 players. If you unearth one or two that are first team ready for next season as a result, then you make up a chunk of the missed £200k from potential lost league places in avoided first team wages. If a player cannot step up in effectively pressure less games now, then that would tell the manager where they are in their development.

Either way, playing youngsters or not, if it was up to me, I'd be having discussions this week with the likes of Sutton etc to agree to terminate their contracts ASAP. Now we know what league we will be playing in, know we have the full summer to recruit and recover and (as much as it pains me) know that Rangers and the extra income that comes with them will be in the league, then get things done nice and early.

Plus, there is absolutely no excuse or reason not to get season tickets and strips all agreed and released before then end of this season.

Edited by TheYellowBox

If we got 4th vs 6th then I think c£200k is the difference. That equates to maybe 3/4 first team players for next season. I suspect Tommy will have had a conversation with SB already and any 'extra' from above 6th should go straight to the manager. Depends on how much of the £200k would go to the players as bonuses etc.

That said, I'd like to see Wright blood a few more younger players over the next 5 games. Maybe half an hour here and there for some of the u20 players. If you unearth one or two that are first team ready for next season as a result, then you make up a chunk of the missed £200k from potential lost league places in avoided first team wages. If a player cannot step up in effectively pressure less games now, then that would tell the manager where they are in their development.

Either way, playing youngsters or not, if it was up to me, I'd be having discussions this week with the likes of Sutton etc to agree to terminate their contracts ASAP. Now we know what league we will be playing in, know we have the full summer to recruit and recover and (as much as it pains me) know that Rangers and the extra income that comes with them will be in the league, then get things done nice and early.

Plus, there is absolutely no excuse or reason not to get season tickets and strips all agreed and released before then end of this season.

If all that happens what would folk moan about all summer?

I'll still be going to a few games, although I think Aberdeen might me my last home game of the season. It's a great opportunity for a little experimentation and show-boating though. Plenty of players that need to prove their worth to the squad that need some game time too.

Shame we don't get to play either of the Dundee clubs again this season.

Rangers and the extra income that comes with them will be in the league

I don't actually think we'll be the much better off with them, seeing as we're also losing Dundee United. If theres any increase it'll be minimal, and likely written off when their moronic fans undoubtedly wreck a stand to try and make some moronic point

I don't actually think we'll be the much better off with them, seeing as we're also losing Dundee United. If theres any increase it'll be minimal, and likely written off when their moronic fans undoubtedly wreck a stand to try and make some moronic point

Good point. Will be interesting if anything to see if there is extra sponsorship in the top flight as a result of them being there. We were all told them not being there would result in a loss so...

No Euro trip means more money for players salaries, so c'mon Broon! GET YER CHEQUE BOOK OOT!

Totally agree.

Some good points being made in this thread. I like the idea of giving some of the younger players a game and also I would be telling Midge and Muzz that they are now officially on holiday- let them rest up completely before the start of pre-season.

If we are giving a shot to the fringe players let them start the game; 10 minutes at the end of a game tells us zilch about the guys potential.

Some good points being made in this thread. I like the idea of giving some of the younger players a game and also I would be telling Midge and Muzz that they are now officially on holiday- let them rest up completely before the start of pre-season.

If we are giving a shot to the fringe players let them start the game; 10 minutes at the end of a game tells us zilch about the guys potential.

I think a lot of the guys with prospects are loaned out & whilst they can play in under 19s I don't think they can play in first team even if loan club frees them up. That leaves us with Clark & Doyle who I think should both play without weakening the team.

I know before there was a rumour about playing Eskisehirspor to open there new stadium, which I believe opens in the summer in time for there new season. Anyone know if this is still likely?

Hopefully we can get a decent friendly down south.

I think the idea of the new league cup set up was to do away with meaningless friendlies so we might have a quick trip down to Wales for a warm up but I would rule out any glamour friendly games.

I'd send Midge on holiday now and get him back a couple of weeks early to work with the physio.

Did I not see Midge posing on FB, or was it Twitter, the other day, with his wife's clothes on after a night out, bottle of Bud in his hand, looking a trite merry, so perhaps his season is over?:?

I see nothing wrong with TW fielding a team for all the remaining games which is a healthy mix of youngsters and experienced first team players. It gives the established players who need to recover some well earned time off, whilst giving the youngsters an idea of what to expect when making the step up, whilst at the same time balancing the team so as to hopefully not get thrashed which would be counter productive for the confidence of the younger players.