STJ YA v Man U YA 6.5.106 7pm KO

sasha

Some really cynical fouls by the Man United lads who I think were very frustrated with how well the saints lads played. Agree, thought the 2 centre half's number 4 7 and 11 played superb but like the first team the whole team were excellent including the subs.  

I said at the time Alastair Stevenston was the best signing by a country mile a few years ago. We're now reaping the rewards.  

I will only class "reaping the rewards" when I see more youths coming through the ranks into consistent first team football and/or money coming into our bank tbh. We've had a decent set up for a long time now but rarely see these stars of the future make their mark with us. May being the obvious one, let's hope this crop of youngsters on our books provide a few stars of the future which saints will benefit from. The futures bright,the futures Perth Saints ! 

Best fiver for entertainment I have had in many a year.

The. maturity shown by these young fellas was a joy to behold.

Alistair Stevenson and his coaches are to be congratulated firstly for spotting talent and secondly for nurturing the boys to the level they're at.

Got to admit, never expected to witness such quality..

Guest ScottMann

What's the situation with our youth guys regarding attachment to Saints. Are they under contract or too young yet? What if United, or anyone, really liked one of the players? Could they in theory just say 'You're playing for us next weekend' or are they subject to transfer like a senior player?

Any player signed on a pro-youth contract has a development fee value. Generally, younger boys only sign 1 year contracts

Uf another club want them whilst under contract, papers require to be released and development fees paid

Hiwever, at that age, the values are not much. At u-12 my sons value is £5500, and it doesn't rise much before signing full time contracts at 16/17

There is a desire to merge several teams together.....Killie & Ayr for example, to create more set ups like Forth Valley and Fife Elite

Thete will always be stronger and weaker existing 'teams' where clubs merge

I wouldn't want Saints involved, but see sense in the two Dundee clubs merging. Dundee Utd across the age groups are average, and Dundee are pretty shit

Saints youth set up is good, and the development side and looks like the u-15's maybe are decent. However, my experience across the younger age groups is that they fall into the average category

This is probably due to the restricted catchment at younger age, with the older groups getting stronger as they pick up players who are prepared to travel for pro-youth when released by Rangers/Celtic etc

I read somewhere that Saints Dev were not given Elite status, anyone know what we were lacking (Or put another way, what is the criteria for Elite?)

It is typical SFA in that they asked Clubs to try and get up to elite standard and several clubs did a helluva lot of work to get to that standard. Sadly at the end of the day they  only wanted one or 2 clubs to go to the elite standard. Partick were I think one of the teams that were accepted with the Weir Academy which I believe is being bankrolled by the Weirs who won about £148m on the lotto.

the wee saints ginger forward looked no bad,the saints goalie was quite a tall fuqer ,if he keeps growing he will be a floodlight.the winner was scored by a wee nipper that appeared just out of nappies .how auld are these dudes .

had a braw time manchester united are past there prime.ditch them and try another top english club.

I read somewhere that Saints Dev were not given Elite status, anyone know what we were lacking (Or put another way, what is the criteria for Elite?)

We got told what we needed to do to gain Elite status. Spent hundreds of thousands reaching these standards (number of players, facilities, number of qualified coaches etc.), only for the SFA to change the requirements late on and it meant we missed out. Never been any explanation as to why they suddenly changed their requirements.

We can't apply for it again for another two seasons, and theres some doubt whether we'll actually bother. Pretty sure we run as close to it as we possibly can, and have a better set up than some who are deemed "Elite"