another wee insight

off topic for this forum but if you can spare a couple of minutes ,the link is from an independant body looking at scottish football 

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2016/05/06/rangers-tax-case-draws-calls-independent-inquiry-scottish-football/

make your own minds up 

Snippet from offshoregamereport which sums up who runs our game and who does not.

From: Stewart Regan [mailto:Stewart.Regan@scottishfa.co.uk]Sent: 07 December 2011To: Ali Russell; Andrew DicksonSubject: PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIALImportance: High** Confidential **** High Priority **Ali/AndrewFurther to my discussion yesterday with Andrew on the matter of Rangers FC’s European licence Iwould like to release the following statement. I believe this will be in the interest of both the club andourselves and I hope you agree. Please can you confirm that you are happy with the content. If so, Iwould propose to issue this later today at an agreed time with yourselves.ThanksStewartIn light of persistent speculation across all media, the Scottish FA would like to clarify the position inregard to Rangers FC’s licence to play in Europe as governed by Article 50 of the UEFA Regulations.It is noted from the report submitted to the Licensing Committee by Rangers FC’s advisors GrantThornton UK LLP, dated 30th March 2011,that: “All the recorded payroll taxes at 31 December 2010 have, according to the accounting recordsof the Club since that date been paid in full by 31 March 2011, with the exception of the continuingdiscussion between the Club and HM Revenue and Customs in relation to a potential liability of £2.8massociated with contributions between 1999 and 2003 into a discounted option scheme. These amounts have been provided for in full within the interim financial statements.”Since the potential liability was under discussion by Rangers FC and HM Revenue & Customs as at31st March 2011, it could not be considered an overdue payable as defined by Article 50.We are satisfied that the evidence from all parties complied with Article 50 and, on that basis, alicence was awarded for season 2011-12.Add editor’s notes. (Include Article 50 here from UEFA Regulations)Stewart M. ReganChief ExecutiveThe Scottish F.A.

From: Craig Whyte <ctw@libertycapital.biz>Date: 7 December 2011Subject: Re: PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIALTo: Andrew Dickson <AndrewDickson@rangers.co.uk>Cc: Ali Russell <AliRussell@rangers.co.uk>, Craig Whyte <CraigWhyte@rangers.co.uk>It would be crazy for them to put this out. Ali, please call me on this.Sent from my iPad

From: Ramsay Smith <Ramsay@mediahouse.co.uk>Date: 7 December 2011Subject: RE: PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIALTo: Stephen Kerr <StephenKerr@rangers.co.uk>, Carol Patton <patton_carol@rangers.co.uk>, AliRussell <AliRussell@rangers.co.uk>, Craig Whyte <ctw@libertycapital.biz>, Craig Whyte<CraigWhyte@rangers.co.uk>AllWe should put some pressure on the SFA from a high level, from Ali or Andrew to say we do notbelieve this is a good idea the SFA putting out such as statement. It stirs up the issue again. Whatthey should do is if they get a legitimate media inquiry respond to it by saying there is no issuewhatsoever with Rangers licensing arrangement with the SFA.If they persist they will only cause issues for themselves as much as Rangers.Ramsay

From: Ali RussellSent: 07 December 2011To: Stewart Regan; Andrew DicksonCc: Ramsay Smith (Ramsay@mediahouse.co.uk); Stephen Kerr (StephenKerr@rangers.co.uk)Subject: RE: PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIALStewart,Tried to phone you. Would prefer no comment or the following“We have looked at this matter and there is no issue with the licence granted to Rangers from theSFA. “I look forward to speaking to you later,Ali

From: Ali Russell <AliRussell@rangers.co.uk>Date: 7 December 2011Subject: RE: PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIALTo: Craig Whyte <ctw@libertycapital.biz>, Andrew Dickson <AndrewDickson@rangers.co.uk>, FionaGoodall <FionaGoodall@rangers.co.uk>Cc: Craig Whyte <CraigWhyte@rangers.co.uk>,Ramsay@mediahouse.co.uk,StephenKerr@rangers.co.uk, Gary Withey <gary.withey@collyerbristow.com>All sorted – Held until further notice and I have agreed we will meet Stewart and Campbell for dinner inthe next couple of weeks to discuss bigger issues. I also made it clear we were very unhappy with theapproach the SFA took last week! Hopefully we can move forward now.Kind Regards,Ali

Subject: Dinner with Stewart Regan/Campbell Ogilvie/Craig WhyteDate: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:31:30From: Ali Russell <AliRussell@rangers.co.uk>To: <CraigWhyte@rangers.co.uk>Craig, just to confirm that the dinner with Stewart Regan/Campbell Ogilvie, yourself and Ali will be onthe 20th @ 7.00pm.I have booked the Glengoyne private dining in Hotel du Vin, and also provisionally booked a hotelroom for you (if you’d require?)

With the greatest of respect. I know you probably mean well but it is not adviseable to post these large CP text files in Saints Chat. Many folk (not me) do not want this sort of stuff appearing in this section.

If you must post - please do it in Fitba' Chat.

Better still just post a link to the site concerned.

You only get folks backs up posting as you have done.

Thanks