Saints v Celtic. Wed. 11th May K-O 7.30pm

Two to go.  Last home game and a point would cement our back to back fourth place. I don't want a point though. It's about time we beat this manky mob again. Lets hope they go for it. Celtic are no great shakes this term..

Team wise . I'd keep it as close to the well game as possible.  There's nothing to lose  for this game so  lets be positive.

COYS.

Two to go.  Last home game and a point would cement our back to back fourth place. I don't want a point though. It's about time we beat this manky mob again. Lets hope they go for it. Celtic are no great shakes this term..

Team wise . I'd keep it as close to the well game as possible.  There's nothing to lose  for this game so  lets be positive.

COYS.

There will have to be a bit of a shuffle in defense/midfield but hopefully we'll try and make the minimum amount of changes required. Doyle for Fisher, Brown for Muzz....lets get at them.

No guard of honour please.....

Edited by Papa Jack

Fisher will unfortunately drop out for this, so we'll not get the chance to give him a decent goodbye at McDiarmid Park. After my initial trepidation about his signing, he's been fantastic in the second half of the season. We will really miss him.

I suppose whoever replaces him will depend on whether or not Tommy's still thinking about offer Krachunov or Doyle a new deal. If both are being released, I'd guess Scobbie will come in and Shaughnessy will move to right back.

Also interesting to see who plays in the middle. The 3 likeliest options aside from Millar (Lappin, Craig and Brown) are all out of contract too. I'd take a flier at Craig in the middle, with the other two either not in the squad or on the bench.

I think we'll go

Clark

Shaughnessy Anderson Scobbie Easton

Wotherspoon Millar Craig Swanson

Cummins Maclean

Kane may start ahead of Macca - I'm not sure if he'll manage 3 games in a week.

Guest ScottMann

Damn. First game after they clinched the title so I suppose we'll have to applaud them on the park. No Fraser to wind them up by not clapping this time though!

Damn. First game after they clinched the title so I suppose we'll have to applaud them on the park.

Why? I don't understand why that sort of nonsense has become an expected norm. Bollocks to applauding our rivals onto the pitch and lowering our own status before a ball has even been kicked.

Guest ScottMann

Why? I don't understand why that sort of nonsense has become an expected norm. Bollocks to applauding our rivals onto the pitch and lowering our own status before a ball has even been kicked.

Because it's not exactly new and has been done for as long as I can remember. It's one of the few sporting actions left in an increasingly cynical game and does nothing to undermine the other team. If it did you can be sure it would have stopped by now. I've seen Saints applauded on a few times over the years and it was good to see.

Maybe they will allow Fisher to play tonight as there is nothing at stake for Celtic.

Would like to see Doyle at right back rather than move Joe as it looks like he & Ando are working well together.

I would have thought Doyle would have been on the bench on Saturday though if he was still in with a shout.

Maybe they will allow Fisher to play tonight as there is nothing at stake for Celtic.

Would like to see Doyle at right back rather than move Joe as it looks like he & Ando are working well together.

I would have thought Doyle would have been on the bench on Saturday though if he was still in with a shout.

They probably won't have an issue with him playing tonight.

Wright revealed that Murray Davidson won’t kick a ball again this season, but the hamstring injury that has got the better of him isn’t a serious one.

“The injury situation isn’t good,” the Saints boss admitted. “Chris Millar will miss Celtic but has a chance of coming back against Hearts.

“But Murray’s season is over with the hamstring strain, it’s a two to three weeks one, and Simon Lappin is still out.

“Darnell (Fisher) can’t play against Celtic but we have coped all season and dug into the squad.

“Scott Brown will get another opportunity – he’s done well in the last two games – and Liam Craig has done very well in centre midfield.”

Wright revealed that Murray Davidson won’t kick a ball again this season, but the hamstring injury that has got the better of him isn’t a serious one.

“The injury situation isn’t good,” the Saints boss admitted. “Chris Millar will miss Celtic but has a chance of coming back against Hearts.

“But Murray’s season is over with the hamstring strain, it’s a two to three weeks one, and Simon Lappin is still out.

“Darnell (Fisher) can’t play against Celtic but we have coped all season and dug into the squad.

“Scott Brown will get another opportunity – he’s done well in the last two games – and Liam Craig has done very well in centre midfield.”

Not the most encouraging pre match assessment.  All that is needed to put the tin lid on our hopes is for Collum to send Ambrose off.