Changes to Laws of the game.

HOODLUM65

From 1st June 2016 seven changes to the Laws of football come into effect.

Two I've heard of are:-

Players will no longer be required to kick the ball FORWARD at the start of each half or at restart after a goal has been scored. 

Players' will not automatically be sent off when conceding a penalty IF a genuine attempt is made to play the ball.

What happened to the existing laws ,like how long the goalie can hold the ball or how many steps he can take ?.

I don't think any of the changes they have made over the years have improved the game & they are not enforcing the existing laws especially at throw ins.

From 1st June 2016 seven changes to the Laws of football come into effect.

Two I've heard of are:-

Players will no longer be required to kick the ball FORWARD at the start of each half or at restart after a goal has been scored. 

Players' will not automatically be sent off when conceding a penalty IF a genuine attempt is made to play the ball.

Second one is bang on and delighted if true

will that be with video evidence or down to the referees point of view at the time like it is now ?

At the moment, if the ref deems it a clear goal scoring opportunity, then they MUST send off the player regardless of whether it was a cynical foul or a genuine attempt to get the ball

Now the ref can decide to just book the player if felt to be a genuine attempt to get the ball. That's not that hard to determine imo as mostly looks pretty obvious which it was 

At the moment, if the ref deems it a clear goal scoring opportunity, then they MUST send off the player regardless of whether it was a cynical foul or a genuine attempt to get the ball

Now the ref can decide to just book the player if felt to be a genuine attempt to get the ball. That's not that hard to determine imo as mostly looks pretty obvious which it was 

I can still see mistakes being made -it was always down to a ref whether the offence was yellow or red -

Also, a player can be sent off before the match, but replaced by another player - meaning 11 players take to the field. 

Has any player ever been sent off before a match? I can't say I've ever heard of this happening, although I did know that that rule existed.

I can still see mistakes being made -it was always down to a ref whether the offence was yellow or red -

only if deciding whether they were 'last man'. If they were deemed to be, then it had to be red. Now, even if last man, if the ref feels a genuine attempt was made to get the ball, then yellow is an option.

will hopefully result in less sending offs, particularly of goalies. Always felt it unfair where a keeper is a split second late getting to ball, brings the man down and therefore gets sent off

is this a rule just now that if you concede a pen you get a straight red?

I did wonder about the wording after I posted and waited to see if anyone would pick up on it?

Unfortunately I was unable to edit my post.

The word "automatically" should be deleted and I believe the word "honest" should replace the word "genuine"

Sorry if I mislead you. 

Source for these is Henry Winter. I'm not really sure what the IFAB ones mean, maybe what the IFAB wants to see rather than actual rule changes.

• "yellow card not red if player commits Denial of an Obvious GoalScoring Opportunity inside area if foul was attempt to play ball"
  • "Refs can now show red cards to players before kick-off for, say, fighting in the tunnel. (Can be replaced, so teams start with 11)."
  • "IFAB may in the future debate changes to hand-ball laws, including on the line (Suarez v Ghana) which could be punished with a penalty goal."
  • "Messi, Ronaldo etc who feint when taking penalty now punished with yellow card & indirect freekick. No retake. Stuttering runs still allowed"
  • "Injured player can get treatment on pitch for up to 20 seconds & stay on, i.e. not have to go to touchline & await ref's nod to come back on"
  • "Player accidentally losing boot allowed to "continue playing until play next stops". Under-shorts must be same colour as shorts - or the hem"
  • "IFAB: "At kick-off, the ball can now be kicked in any direction, including backwards so no team-mates allowed to stand in opponents' half"
  • "IFAB on throw-ins: "The ball must be thrown with BOTH hands and not thrown with one hand and 'guided' with the other'."
  • "Water breaks permissible in "very hot/humid conditions". Law changes applicable worldwide from June 1 (and for England's two May friendlies)"

Source for these is Henry Winter. I'm not really sure what the IFAB ones mean, maybe what the IFAB wants to see rather than actual rule changes.

• "yellow card not red if player commits Denial of an Obvious GoalScoring Opportunity inside area if foul was attempt to play ball"
  • "Refs can now show red cards to players before kick-off for, say, fighting in the tunnel. (Can be replaced, so teams start with 11)."
  • "IFAB may in the future debate changes to hand-ball laws, including on the line (Suarez v Ghana) which could be punished with a penalty goal."
  • "Messi, Ronaldo etc who feint when taking penalty now punished with yellow card & indirect freekick. No retake. Stuttering runs still allowed"
  • "Injured player can get treatment on pitch for up to 20 seconds & stay on, i.e. not have to go to touchline & await ref's nod to come back on"
  • "Player accidentally losing boot allowed to "continue playing until play next stops". Under-shorts must be same colour as shorts - or the hem"
  • "IFAB: "At kick-off, the ball can now be kicked in any direction, including backwards so no team-mates allowed to stand in opponents' half"
  • "IFAB on throw-ins: "The ball must be thrown with BOTH hands and not thrown with one hand and 'guided' with the other'."
  • "Water breaks permissible in "very hot/humid conditions". Law changes applicable worldwide from June 1 (and for England's two May friendlies)"

Are you sure that wasn't Henry Winkler?

I like that 3rd bullet point. Makes total sense. As I understand it, IFAB can only recommend it and FIFA ratify/accept it (or not)