Pre season friendlies

Havana Saint

Been to Belfast a number of times without issue, ferry from Stranraer goes into Belfast and can be bought with Tesco vouchers. Some of the best pubs in the world.

The Stranraer service closed down a few years ago and all the ferries now go from Cairnryan which is not so easy to get o. Even the Troon service has been cancelled as well

Won't Saints be taking this opportunity to let the pitch recover for every available day?  Or by home games do you mean games in Scotland?

Don't care if they are playing doon the Inch I'm going to watch them, it's funny for a lot off years I talked about going home now I talk about going back maybe it is a natural progression of having lived in Perth for 26 years then chose  Canada to be my home for 50 years. But hey I'm still a Saintee

The Stranraer service closed down a few years ago and all the ferries now go from Cairnryan which is not so easy to get o. Even the Troon service has been cancelled as well

Depends on how you're getting there - if you're going by car as most do Cairnryan is closer. You can still do a rail and sail deal through Scotrail (very cheap) but instead of train from Glasgow Central direct to Stranraer Harbour you get from Central to Ayr then get put on a bus from there to Cairnryan. Not that big a deal because the train was always slow as hell anyway.

Fly from Edinburgh to Belfast City on Flybe if you can. By far the best way to go and if you're lucky you'll get a cheap deal.

Hotel wise the Premier Inns in Waring Street or Alfred Street are brilliantly located right in the city centre, great for all the pubs and restaurants etc and you'll usually get a pretty good deal on them.

Belfast is a great city. My wife is from there and I'm over 3/4 times a year. Thoroughly recommend it for a night out, just a fantastic selection of pubs etc. A pub crawl starting at City Hall, up to Shaftesbury Square then on to the University Quarter would work for me that weekend!

thanks kevin, i did mean Cairnryan. You can use teso vouchers and it goes right in to Belfast docks, close to city centre

Edited by 50yrs a Saint

I'm booked with sleazyjet 7am Saturday flight to Belfast Int return Sunday 2pm. Bus from airport into city and my hotel just a couple of mins walk from bus station. Booked into Park Inn by Raddison for the Saturday night. 

See you in Wetherspoons,I am on the same flight on Sat ,bit later on Sunday.City centre B&B

I'm booked with sleazyjet 7am Saturday flight to Belfast Int return Sunday 2pm. Bus from airport into city and my hotel just a couple of mins walk from bus station. Booked into Park Inn by Raddison for the Saturday night. 

I'm in the same hotel although I fly over on the Friday. Pint in Robinsons?

Jeezo, another twelve from the Saints Scone supporters club gonna be at Park Inn by Raddison from Friday till Sunday.

See you there Tam.:wink:

Does anyone have a link to a list of Scottish  preseason friendlies for this summer?

Dount there will be one ...unless Sky decide to do one (they sometimes do). Google news is decent for the search "Friendly announced" then scour the fixtures from there.

What I wonder is......which NI teams are in Europa league and will any of them be at home on the Thursday?