Pre season friendlies

Havana Saint

Guest ScottMann

It's only Manchester! It's not exactly Yerevan again. It's great to be invited to a game like this but it does make you wonder what either team will get out of it such is the gulf. If we can come back with an on loan 30 goal a season wonder kid in the boot then it'll have been worthwhile!

Is there anything to be gained in a long journey a few days before the season with a high chance of being demoralised.

Be serious. 

These are professional footballers coming up against the cream of the crop, it can't get any better. As they say: "Don't let the football get in the way of a good day out at the football." And I apply that to the result! Sure Saints players will be keen to get on the pitch against the stars of City. We are not talking Stoke City here. 

Guest ScottMann

I'm sure St mirren played down there last year, with fans allowed to attend. Although the game was played at city's academy ground, which holds 10k (I think)

fingers crossed, this results in us getting a good player on loan.

St Mirren played New York City there in their first ever game. It was a pay at the gate, public match though. Saints are stressing our game is behind closed doors and there's no way any fans will be let in.

In some ways it begs the question, why tell us about the game? It's in Jim Bowen territory...here's what you could have won. Probably better if they just let us know afterwards if the score wasn't too bad.