Pre season friendlies

Havana Saint

Swanson appeared to be breathing out of his arse after 5 mins but then ran about the whole time he was on.Personally impressed with Liam

Liam is another of those that fall into that category of struggling with his "match fit weight" a little in the off season or when during injuries...

Friendly with Bradford City on 19th July. ' Not much interest in this game.

I would give Liam Gordon & Brad McKay at centre back & George Hunter & Kane up front to see if they can fill the 2 positions we need cover for.

A bit of a worry that Dave may not be progressing as eell as hoped.

Strange that Spoony & Gilchrist waited till start of season to get ops.

I think we are still 2 players short of last seasons squad & have a bigger budget but will Tommy bring in any more players. Think he will but hopefully not guys like Hart, Iwaloomo etc etc just to make up the numbers.

Welcome Bradford City and a big welcome back to Morais.

TW already stated Mannus to start in goal so no comment. I would like to see Murray continue at RB and build up and continue to build on his work with Alston on the right. Scobbie in in place of Beaston so to give him game time. For once, an experimental central defence with maybe the young lad (Conner) or Brad given a start along with Ando or Joe.

Midfield, I would like to see a a "pressing five" high up the field. Craig, Swanson, Muzz, Alston with Paton on to show Nicky Law what a higher level is all about. Kano to show how he can cope a a lone striker in a 4-5-1. Thomson to come on second half and run riot. 

BTW, anyone else interested in this game ?? 

TW already stated Mannus to start in goal so no comment. I would like to see Murray continue at RB and build up and continue to build on his work with Alston on the right. Scobbie in in place of Beaston so to give him game time. For once, an experimental central defence with maybe the young lad (Conner) or Brad given a start along with Ando or Joe.

Midfield, I would like to see a a "pressing five" high up the field. Craig, Swanson, Muzz, Alston with Paton on to show Nicky Law what a higher level is all about. Kano to show how he can cope a a lone striker in a 4-5-1. Thomson to come on second half and run riot. 

Not fussed about the friendly. Having some meaningful games in the League Cup has been a great idea so I'm much more interested in that.

Guest ScottMann

Following a rest after being at Euro 2016, Saints legend, Scottish Cup winning, N.Ireland international Mannus comes back against the team that didn't sign him after a trial period. We should applaud Bradford City onto the park in a show of gratitude.

Murray at RB? You on the rum again sailor boy?

Pressing high 5 LAUGH OUT LOUD.

Bradford dominated possession especially in second half but never looked dangerous. I think Mannus only had one real shot to save but he had to rely on defence to deal with crosses. 

Played 3_5_1 in first half with Easton & Comrie, as wing backs but didn't look comfortable although team played well with McKay & Gordon dominating.

Second half started 4_5_1 with Kane on his own up front McLaren & Thomson wide but it didn't work & we brought Hunter on & even though he didn't get much of the ball we kept more possession.

Comrie never let anyone past all night ,Gordon looked good as did Thomson but Connor. McLaren never got in the game & looked a bit heavier than when I saw him previously.

Was a decent run out with fairly limited chances from both sides.

Thought Liam Craig was our best player whilst on the park. The lad Gordon impressed me at the back- looks strong, is loud and can pick a pass- very promising. McKay didn't do too badly either. Paton was a bit of a mixed bag- but overall did his job well. The lad Comrie looked much more comfortable when we changed to a back four and has some real pace. 

I was hoping Kane may have added a little bit of power and strength during the off season. At times I think he can be bullied a tad too easily.

I felt Scobbie was poor tonight and continually gave the ball away with poor passes. I know he has his fans on here, but I just don't think he's good enough to play for the club. Championship level player.

I take it Tommy was away scouting?