Season 2016/17

Cagerf

Not overly sure I see any issues with what he has said.

If Saints were to be put at a financial disadvantage by the SPFL, then as the custodian of our club, I would expect Steve Brown to talk out against that.

I never read anything about him being excited about Rangers return, but did note he said that having someone of Brendan Rodgers calibre attracted to Scottish football is great. Hard to argue with that. It was only a few seasons ago Rodgers guided Liverpool to the verge of winning the much lauded EPL.

As for the final part regarding fans expectations, perhaps you are correct and he didn't need to say that, but the reality is Saints will once again start the season off with one of the lowest budgets in the league and I would imagine that this is Browns way of re-emphasising that.

Game v Aberdeen moved to the Sunday 7/8/16 for tv coverage. live on BT with a 12:15 KO 

Is it still the case that each team is compensated when a game is moved? Anyone know whether we are better off as a result of this or not?

Im guessing the away support would be lower and hospitality impacted a wee bit.

Is it still the case that each team is compensated when a game is moved? Anyone know whether we are better off as a result of this or not?

Im guessing the away support would be lower and hospitality impacted a wee bit.

supporter isn't compensated if they bought a season book though and can't make these re-scheduled games.

supporter isn't compensated if they bought a season book though and can't make these re-scheduled games.

No, that's true and really something that should be addressed, not just by saints, but by the league as a whole. They have rules about notice for moving games etc, but often it's not enough.

A good gesture by saints would be to allow any season ticket holder who contacts the club to say they cannot make the game that has been rescheduled that they can use the unused ticket to bring a friend for free to another game.

Guest ScottMann

I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem for the SPFL to let BT and Sky see the fixtures list before announcing it so that the first round of TV games could have been included when they released it publicly. Thing is, Doncaster would have to have been considering the fans to do that so that'd make it a non-starter.

No, that's true and really something that should be addressed, not just by saints, but by the league as a whole. They have rules about notice for moving games etc, but often it's not enough.

A good gesture by saints would be to allow any season ticket holder who contacts the club to say they cannot make the game that has been rescheduled that they can use the unused ticket to bring a friend for free to another game.

And the guys that can now make a Sunday should pay a friend in.

I'm looking forward to seeing what we do with the new one man kick off.

Don't think it will work to our advantage Rik, as one less pass in the move will speed up the move we do from kick off so our players will be even further away from the final position of the ball from the punt  long pass up the left wing. :wink: