Paul Paton Poll

Bev Callard

Should Saints sign Paton?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Think he would be a good signing, a bit different to what is already here and would allow Davidson, Spoony, Swanson, Millar (depending who is picked) to attack more and give the two new signings in Coulson and Alston to do likewise.

Concern is, is the midfield going to look top heavy and would the money be better spent elsewhere?

I think that's fair but it does probably mean we let our attack minded midfielders (Swanson, Spoony, Coulson) concentrate on the attacking part of their game. Quite like Swanson in that free role behind Macca.

This player single handed won points for Utd when they were struggling and lifted them. 

That's the type of player we will need.He along with Blair Alston would be the best signings we could make

Not sure about the first sentence. He may have got them 2 points with a shot that he hit sweetly but not sure there were many points winning contributions.

Guest ScottMann

If it's a case of Paton or a less racist, equally as good player then I'd choose the less racist equivalent. If there's not an equally good fit in Tommy's eyes then I'd take him. 

Less racist? Please explain.

Less racist? Please explain.

Somebody that doesn't hate Muslims as much as him would be nice. 

'8 Syrians trying to come in over the border, ISIS maybe? We need to build a big and beautiful wall.' Tweeted by Donald Trump, retweeted by Paton.

Multiple other tweets retweeted by him showing him to be a massive bigot. 

Guest ScottMann

Somebody that doesn't hate Muslims as much as him would be nice. 

'8 Syrians trying to come in over the border, ISIS maybe? We need to build a big and beautiful wall.' Tweeted by Donald Trump, retweeted by Paton.

Multiple other tweets retweeted by him showing him to be a massive bigot. 

What a load of drivel.

just find it bizarre that a player that just got relegated is being decribed as player who will keep us up

Picture this: our poor form had continued and the rut we found ourselves in had proved too much to over come and we were dragged into a relegation battle this season... 

No Premiership team would have touched Murray Davidson because he was part of a relegated squad.. 

If Kilmarnock had failed to beat Falkirk in the play-offs and gone down, would Josh Magennis, Craig Slater and Greg Kiltie be considered unworthy of gracing Mcdiarmid park as they are clearly not good enough for the Premiership... But we did pick up our form, and Kilmarnock did beat Falkirk I hear you say......

So, I assume by your logic, Jason Cummings and John McGinn wouldn't have the ability to keep us in the Premiership next season because they were part of a team that COULDNT EVEN MAKE IT, to the heady heights of the Premiership, nevermind being there to get them relegated. 

Picture this: our poor form had continued and the rut we found ourselves in had proved too much to over come and we were dragged into a relegation battle this season... 

No Premiership team would have touched Murray Davidson because he was part of a relegated squad.. 

If Kilmarnock had failed to beat Falkirk in the play-offs and gone down, would Josh Magennis, Craig Slater and Greg Kiltie be considered unworthy of gracing Mcdiarmid park as they are clearly not good enough for the Premiership... But we did pick up our form, and Kilmarnock did beat Falkirk I hear you say......

So, I assume by your logic, Jason Cummings and John McGinn wouldn't have the ability to keep us in the Premiership next season because they were part of a team that COULDNT EVEN MAKE IT, to the heady heights of the Premiership, nevermind being there to get them relegated. 

Jason Cummings is over-rated, but I get your point 

Guest ScottMann

Load of drivel? Please explain. 

It's quite obvious. This campaign to paint Paton as some sort of right wing extremist is ridiculous and a load of drivel. Have you actually read his twitter feed?

Guest ScottMann

Pol Pot was a ( sort of) communist, so we'll be safe enough, then!

Sort of being the operative words. Remember, there's no such thing as left wing extremists, only right wing! Still, I've amended it for clarity.

I voted a tongue in the cheek NO as its just a bit of a laugh. It looks like the yes' will win the poll which is good and positive. What worries me slightly is that our success is having a present squad with no egos or players allowed to disrupt. Even quality players like Stevie May and MOH were without ego in the dressing room. Paton welcome to come if he respects the rest of the squad, the club, the management and the fans.

It's quite obvious. This campaign to paint Paton as some sort of right wing extremist is ridiculous and a load of drivel. Have you actually read his twitter feed?

Yes. I never called him a right wing extremist, I suggested, all other things being equal in a perfect world, I'd sign a player that wasn't as racist as him. You can't re-tweet things like 'Syrians detained at the border, possibly ISIS, build a wall,' without being a racist, unless you are doing so in a manner to show how stupid the original tweet was, which, judging by other things he retweets, I very much doubt he was.