New Strip Season 16/17

thesaint10

Guest ScottMann

Just as a side issue totally off topic has anyone else ever thought that the St. JOHNSTONE sign is "grammatically" wrong.........Although never a model pupil (as I am sure Dr Lamb? from PHS of the 1970's would agree) I do remember being told not to mix lower and upper case letters in the same sentence other than when capitals were required in a proper noun.

I think St. is the accepted abbreviation of saint in certain usage so it's ok. The T does however appear in upper case in the horrific white seats lettering in the main stand for some reason and the lower case looks better. Theres also a full stop after Johnstone in there too for good measure.

Guest ScottMann

As for announcing the new shirt sponsor without the new shirt...good grief. That's a new marketing low for Saints and that takes some doing. 

Jeezo, did he not shake hands with some of you.

Like him or loathe him, the man is Saints through and through and has spent plenty on match sponsorship, hospitality etc for many years and has now stepped up to the plate as club sponsor and gets slated by so called supporters - welcome aboard Alan:roll: 

the saying "you can't please all the people all the time" was obviously not designed for Saints fans otherwise it would have been "you can't please some people all the time"

Welcome on board Alan Storrar cars. 

As for announcing the new shirt sponsor without the new shirt...good grief. That's a new marketing low for Saints and that takes some doing. 

For all I bitch and moan about the club's marketing (or lack thereof), I don't actually think there's much wrong with what they've done here.

A local business stepping up to become the main sponsor of a top tier football club is a positive news story in its own right. If it was kept under wraps until the strip was finally revealed then the new sponsor would simply be treated as a bit of an after thought, playing second fiddle to the kit launch. This way the attention is fully on the sponsor, and also helps to build a bit more anticipation to the eventual launch of the new Saints top. Which must be imminent....it has to be....surely....please?

And also sadly yes, that 'logo' is going to make the strips look very Sunday league, there's no two ways about it. But regardless of that it's good to see Saints building on an existing relationship with a local business, although it does make me wonder how much the club actually makes from a deal like this if a local car salesman can afford to be our marquee sponsor. I presume the free cars arrangement may be subsidising some of it. Still, money's money.

Dont know if he deals in new cars. Tommy will probably get an Austin Allegro.

Tommy's got a car out of it apparently. I don't care who the sponsor is as long as they are willing to invest in the club. And I have now heard of Alan Storrar cars, which I hadn't previously!

Wow.

Pissup in brewery springs to mind.  

Mind you with Stevie boy & Rodders it is quite appropriate.

Yes,all my fans out there the cup is half empty. I just can't for the life of me understand how an established premier leagure club can't get better than a small used car outlet.

Actually I quite like the new Partick strip. Something a bit different for them.

I generally quite like Joma's kit designs, although I wasn't a fan of last season's home shirt.

itjus doesn't look like a thistle strip some how, more like a bib. 

Agree on the joma strips generally look good. 

Good on Alan Storrar Cars and Saints for the sponsorship deal.

To suggest it it tin pot is an insult to both parties. Alan Storrar cars have obviously put forward a deal which the club feel will be beneficial. I'm not sure the board of directors were having to fend off the advances of several multi national companies desperate to sponsor Saints.

Jeezo, did he not shake hands with some of you.

Like him or loathe him, the man is Saints through and through and has spent plenty on match sponsorship, hospitality etc for many years and has now stepped up to the plate as club sponsor and gets slated by so called supporters - welcome aboard Alan:roll: 

His brother is a cb though, laughs hysterically 

Saints have always been notoriously slow at getting the strips out. Sometimes the provider may be at fault, but Saints are the common denominator over the 3 or so suppliers we have had over the last decade.  

While the last year or two has been better for leisurewear, we still seem miles behind other clubs at our level or even below.

Supplier issues, sponsorship holdups, blue thread shortage, sweatshop strikes, the lorry broke down...who knows what lame excuses will be presented this year.

In reality there is absolutely no reason at all why the club could not have at the very least released an image of the new kit by this stage in the close season, or to have started taking pre-orders. For such a supposedly 'well run' club, you'd think that they would spot a money-making opportunity when they see one after all their years in the business.

The squad are back training, play their first match of the new campaign a week tomorrow, and there's still no sign of any new strip information for the fans.

That's a shambles quite frankly.

Is there anyone in charge. Do we have a general manager. We seem to have gone through a few. 

The poor sponsorship deal with the manager etc having to run about in second hand cars sums up the amateurish way the club is run.

Edited by Cagey
predictive text.

Is there anyone in charge. Do we have a general manager. We seem to have gone through a few. 

The poor sponsorship deal with the manager etc having to run about in second hand cars sums up the armature way the non playing side is run.

Have had the same GM for over a year now. Don't know whose responsibility sponsorship is at the club though, some on here seem to think Roddy. 

The poor sponsorship deal with the manager etc having to run about in second hand cars sums up the amateurish way the club is run.

Meant to say on non footballing side until predictive text made me change whole sentence.