New Strip Season 16/17

thesaint10

"This guy's logo is crap. Actually, he doesn't even have a logo, it's just some words and a flag that he half-inched off google images"
"You're right, it'll make our kits look really cheap and nobody will want to wear them"
"Well we can't have that. Here, Alan, we've got a designer because we're a professional company, how would you like a free logo as a thank you for giving us all of your wads of cash?"
"That would be nice, thanks"

= instant sexy football kit

Why didn't you volunteer to do it?

Gentlemen, I am happy to inform you that this discussion has been brought to a definitive conclusion. The Beloved visited Campus today with a view to buying me the new top for my birthday, took one look at it, and left. 

She has decided it is "shite tat". She also wishes to know "who the **** is Alan Storrar".

You may now turn to other matters.

See if they swapped them round and had the yellow kit as blue with while bits down the side and the away bring mainly yellow with the blue diagonal bits, they'd both be alright.

The away one isn't too bad, it's just ruined by the 4 shades of blue  on it. I suspect that ttl stick on the badges and sponsor so can't really blame jona for that. It shouldn't be too hard to find the shade of blue and make the badge, sponsor writing and saltires the same or as close as possible.

Also, am I right in saying that the reason we have the round badge on the kits now is a requirement for getting them onto the strips?

Bought a kit for my son abroad which has the badge and sponsors as part of the fabric and it looks really good. If our designs are bespoke, could we do that next season?

Just seen it for the first time in the flesh and I hate it sadly. I have not read any of the previous  stuff on here but I am sure plenty will be happy with it and I don't see it as much of an issue just because I hate it. For me it looks like the  top of an amateur team with the name of their local sponsor on the front. No sponsors logo is possibly why I think that. Just a name and they two we flags. As for the white  bits... not for me. Hoping the yellow one  ( which looks a lot better in photos) will do for me.

Not coming form Perth I wonder if I am missing something here but why is Storrar cars getting such a hard time?

From what I can see they have given the club use of 3 cars and paid cash for strip sponsorship. If it was Ladbrokes or Betfred etc putting their name on the strips would they be getting as hard a time for their logo? or is it just because he is a local man and

Look on the bright side. This could be the first season where people go.......YES.............the sponsorship logo has peeled off in the wash.....Hurrah 

I think that the sponsor is in no way responsible for the shitness of our strip. They ( the club)  must have mocked one up and then look at it and thought, OK.  I am delighted for Saints that Storrar has stepped up and is putting his cash into the club. I don't really know the guy but I am sure he is helping the club greatly with his cash injection and I applaud him for it..

See if they swapped them round and had the yellow kit as blue with while bits down the side and the away bring mainly yellow with the blue diagonal bits, they'd both be alright.

The away one isn't too bad, it's just ruined by the 4 shades of blue  on it. I suspect that ttl stick on the badges and sponsor so can't really blame jona for that. It shouldn't be too hard to find the shade of blue and make the badge, sponsor writing and saltires the same or as close as possible.

Also, am I right in saying that the reason we have the round badge on the kits now is a requirement for getting them onto the strips?

Bought a kit for my son abroad which has the badge and sponsors as part of the fabric and it looks really good. If our designs are bespoke, could we do that next season?

There's a name for that badge in the material thing, macron do it. It's also really decent because none of the badges, sponsor or other detail fall off or fade, but then again it does make the shirt look a bit like a tea towel!

I know Macron/Errea/Jako have approached Saints for the contract, but Joma possibly have one more year after this one to run!!! 

The current badge on the TTL site is below and yet they produce one which has a white surround. As for the TTL website.... they've not bothered to take pro-images of the top and opted to use an image from somewhere (the glentoran match!) to show the top (<click).....another firm that hates money!!!

St-Johnstone-500x600.jpg

Edited by MySpazz

The badge on the kit was something TTL came up with, there was an article at the time about having a new badge for playing and training kit. The colours were reversed in 2014 starting with the cup final kit.

We could easily have a sublimated top if we got the sponsor agreed in time. Partick have had sublimated tops with Joma so not as if its something they cant do. 

There's a name for that badge in the material thing, macron do it. It's also really decent because none of the badges, sponsor or other detail fall off or fade, but then again it does make the shirt look a bit like a tea towel!

I know Macron/Errea/Jako have approached Saints for the contract, but Joma possibly have one more year after this one to run!!! 

The current badge on the TTL site is below and yet they produce one which has a white surround. As for the TTL website.... they've not bothered to take pro-images of the top and opted to use an image from somewhere (the glentoran match!) to show the top (<click).....another firm that hates money!!!

The other one I find strange on the picture is they are trying to sell us socks but are using a picture where there player has cut the socks and you can see his own ones underneath - people might be buying them thinking they are white at the bottom and blue on the top

really dont get the super saint hate or the need for more than 1 mascot

Super Saint looks like a knob. Brogan is more of a "character".

They'll need to come out with a female mascot to keep the PC brigade happy.... I nominate that they name any new female mascot "Aggie"

When i read the news of a new mascot I really felt proud of the club for it. 

New PA System
New Saints Shop
New Mascot

WELL DONE SAINTS!

Super Saint looks like a knob. Brogan is more of a "character".

They'll need to come out with a female mascot to keep the PC brigade happy.... I nominate that they name any new female mascot "Aggie"

When i read the news of a new mascot I really felt proud of the club for it. 

New PA System
New Saints Shop
New Mascot

WELL DONE SAINTS!

How do you know Brogan isn't female? Good to hear that acknowledging the existence of women is apparently now the domain of the "PC brigade" though.

Personally I don't get it. Don't see the need for two mascots, don't understand the logic behind the name choice, don't understand why it's a dog in the first place, and don't see why time has been spent on developing this ahead of so many other things that have felt like they've been lacking this summer.

Still, I'm not the target audience, and if it was up to me I'd only have chosen a transgender Muslim in a wheelchair anyway, so probably best to stay out of these things.