Three forwards only for season 2016 - 2017 ?

AthensSaint

Given our general track record with injuries, and the fact that Macca can't play on artificial pitches, I'd be pretty surprised if we haven't brought in another striker by the time the transfer window closes. Wonder if there might be anyone playing in Ireland that TW fancies taking a chance on.

Given our general track record with injuries, and the fact that Macca can't play on artificial pitches, I'd be pretty surprised if we haven't brought in another striker by the time the transfer window closes. Wonder if there might be anyone playing in Ireland that TW fancies taking a chance on.

someone who is on fire?

A few names to add to the mix..

Gavin Reilly? As has already been mentioned, his first-team chances might be limited at Hearts. We were interested in him last summer. Loan could be a possibility.

Adam Armstrong? Killie have already expressed their interest. Would probably do a great job at this level. Another loan option?

Joe Gormley? We were interested in him last summer. Excellent record in Irish football. Could be a gamble, but a similar risk has paid off for Ross County with Liam Boyce.

Dayle Southwell? Another gamble, scoring a lot of goals at a much lower level. We've been linked with him already.

A rising star from a top, top European club? Probably the likeliest scenario.

I was shocked to see Armstrong linked with Killie given the hype that once surrounded him. I'd have thought players leaving with Newcastle's relegation would have made his playing even more likely, although I guess the championship is now exceedingly rich itself, especially a club like Newcastle who expect to go back up.

I'd be happy to take him on a low-wage loan, and can't see why he'd choose Killie over us other than the Lee Clark 'link' - the reason I think the entire story with him and Killie has been fabricated in the first place. He scored 1 in 2 at Coventry so surely a lower championship club would want him assuming Newcastle can loan to other championship clubs.

What happened to Southwell, reports at one stage made it seem a done deal. 

would take Gormley too if we could afford him, not sure Peterborough would pay all his wages.

In fact, I think I'd prefer any of them to Reilly, despite admittedly knowing little about Southwell other than his stats and the fact the conference north is awful

Well since we've signed Paton, and no one else really seems to care if we sign wrong'uns, why don't we take a punt on Stokes?

12 grand a week at Celtic is what he was on. Don't think that he will come here. Doubt if Hibs will pay enough to keep him either. Could have been entertaining though with him and Paton together.

Sandaza is a free agent, but seems to have his heart set of re-joining Girona. I'd be astounded if he wanted a return to Scotland after what happened to him here.

If we do sign a striker, it'll be a fourth choice option, and probably one who fits the "hoofball" option TW seems to adore so much. MacLean, Cummins and Kane deserve to be the main three strikers. I'm not ITK in the slightest, but as has been said, we'll have an interest in Goodwillie again. I can't see us appealing to him as he'll need to take a wage cut, and he'll no longer be promised regular games, something he was before he joined Aberdeen.

El Bakhtaoui won't be joining anyone in the top flight, outwith Hearts, for all the hype around him he was directly involved in less goals than Rory McAllister. An outside suggestion is him to Hearts, and then Gavin Reilly on loan to us, which has been hinted at a few times on the Hearts forum

Goodwillie has done nothing in the game in the last year to put him in the enviable position of being able to pick and choose what kind of club he goes to. He needs to resurrect his career now or it'll be a steady downward spiral from here.