The I suppose we should have a Euros thread thread

Abernethy Saint

Planning a fight? Little more embarassing than when someone on the internet is doing so.Admittedly not the only interpretation of your post though.

Eh no.... you've got the wrong end of the stick entirely.... That part you quoted was entirely sarcastic.

I'll be surprised if there isn't any trouble in Glasgow when they come calling for the qualifier. I'm still no planning a fight just so you know ;)

Edited by saintj

Must admit there hasnt been the flag waving and car pennants of yore. Most Englsh that I know are realistic about chances and quarters are seen as the furthest.

That said, Betty's 90th has been a love fest....which is a useful distraction.

On the fracas and all that, the gendarmerie will be hoping for rain at the next England fixtures...most of northern France expected to have some the watery stuff next week..according to my contact with the beret and Gitanes dangling from mouth :)

Eh no.... you've got the wrong end of the stick entirely.... That part you quoted was entirely sarcastic.

I'll be surprised if there isn't any trouble in Glasgow when they come calling for the qualifier. I'm still no planning a fight just so you know ;)

Fair enough - I did say that there was the possibility to have got the wrong end of the stick, so sorry for having done so.

best 90mins for me watching Spain. In awe every time i watch them . its not there fault teams put 10 men behind the ball

It picked up a little later on and iniesta was majestic, pique good too even before the goal. The first 30 were poor though and Morata wasn't really working out for me. Will be mildly interesting to see if his it's him or aduriz in next game, although I'd guess he'll keep his place 

England playing in Lens when draw was made told to book accommodation in Lillee, where are Russia playing there next game yep go off again.

Lille not far from Dover .....extra enforcement will be on the way, for sure. *pull up a chair, get some popcorn*

England v Russia 2nd and 3rd rounds tonight and tomorrow. I imagine some "reinforcements" are on their way over/under the channel as I write, Russians getting State Sponsorship...I can see both of them being kicked out...sweet prospect!

Igor Lebedev, a Russian Football Union (RFU) official and MP from the populist Liberal Democratic party, tweeted that there was "nothing wrong with fans fighting". He told them to "keep up the good work".

Meanwhile, radio journalist and former RFU spokesman Andrei Malosolov wrote a lengthy blog post on the "Russian fans' victory at Marseille port", praising the ultras' fitness levels and "stylish" look, as well as their ability to fight.

"Are the Russians not worthy of respect for their fearlessness?" he said, adding that "at the very least, they gave a kicking to citizens of a country that is, both historically and geopolitically, Russia's greatest enemy".

Edited by babychunder

There was also the amusing post from a Russian official saying the reason that French police couldn't handle the hooligans is because they'd gone soft from policing too many gay marches.

It's also been revelaed that the leader of the Zenit hooligans that threatened the club if they signed any more black players is in attendance at the Euros as an accredited member of the Russian FA. That country, in a political and civil structure sense, is broken even more so than ours.

Russia given suspended disqualification which if enforced will see them on their bikes if their fans cause more trouble.  Kremlin statement suggests Siberian salt mines will be the least any further troublemakers can expect.  Motivation?  Russia does not wish to risk the chance to make millions out of the 2018 World Cup.