Steve Brown

Sure.

Its not hard to guess why hes more excited for next season than any of the previous four...

Both clubs actively made comments demanding Celtic and Rangers were given preferential treatment in the fixture list, and promoted the idea that Scottish clubs are dependent on both these clubs supporters paying to get into their ground. Thats the exact opposite type of statement clubs in this country should be making, and to hear Brown agreeing that home games against these clubs are important to us.

Most of the other comments were misrepresented to me the first time I heard them tbh. 

Randomguy I think you are reading too much between the lines. 

There are several reasons that folk are looking forward to the new season. The fact that we have made our new signings and have a good squad is one. Also the new league cup set up allows competitive warm up games rather than meaningless friendlies. 

H alsalso say it iis not all aboabout th money and it is difficult enough playing them without having to go twice to both grounds in one season. No mention at all about special treatment. 

Sure.

Its not hard to guess why hes more excited for next season than any of the previous four...

Most of the other comments were misrepresented to me the first time I heard them tbh. 

I'd imagine it's much more to do with the extra competitiveness. I don't think Scottish Football has had this type of hype since the Martin O'Neill / Henrik Larsson era.

We've got genuine big names up here in Brendan Rodgers and Joey Barton. I'm looking forward to see Tommy going toe to toe with Rodgers. I can't wait to hear Joey Barton speaking in a Glaswegian accent. Aberdeen are looking strong again and Hearts will be there or there abouts. We're maybe a signing away from looking ready to go before pre season has even started. For once we're not talking about avoiding relegation, we're talking about another top 6 finish being the aim.

Edited by Pat McGroin

“So hopefully we spend more time talking about the good things in the game next season than the negatives.”

Whilst he is of course quite entitled to wish for the above, I'm afraid he might be disappointed to learn (probably already knows) that processes are ongoing with a view to address the malgovernance by SFA/SPFL(formerly SPL) on a number of fronts for well over a decade.

Of course you won't see any of this reported in the Scottish MSM.

Sure.

Both clubs actively made comments demanding Celtic and Rangers were given preferential treatment in the fixture list, and promoted the idea that Scottish clubs are dependent on both these clubs supporters paying to get into their ground. Thats the exact opposite type of statement clubs in this country should be making, and to hear Brown agreeing that home games against these clubs are important to us.

Very poor even by your standards tbh.

Guest ScottMann

I think the unofficial Twitter deliberately presented this yesterday in a manner deliberately designed to provoke the reaction it's got from Random and others. It was only when reading the full piece that I realised it wasn't nearly bad as presented. You also obviously have to take into account the mindset of the Scottish journalist writing the piece and whose aim will be to get the Old Firm into everything.

Still, Random's raised some decent points. Steve's allowed himself, consciously or not, to become another influencial football insider that's welcoming back the dark days of an Old Firm in the top division and all that entails, which is generally negative for clubs like ours as well as the game in general. He should have just talked positively about the situation at Saints and that's all.

Like it or not the Old Firm are treated differently and those denying it must have very large blinkers. The embarrassing outcry by Motherwell and Thistle that Steve's sadly endorsed just helps this. No wonder teams struggle against them with Scottish football's mindset. I remember Sam Parkin saying they were just another game so lets get on with beating them but of course he hadn't been brainwashed from birth. It's a great shame others didn't project the same. If this isn't about money then its even more nonsense than it appears. All clubs have away grounds they've always struggled at and have to visit at uneven number of times but dont whinge and demand its changed. This should be no different.

Of course if Steve, Well and Thistle dont like a league set up that leads to imbalanced fixture lists they can always lead a change in the structure to get rid of it. If it means fewer games away to the Old Firm then that can only be good of course because it's not about the money after all. 

I think the unofficial Twitter deliberately presented this yesterday in a manner deliberately designed to provoke the reaction it's got from Random and others. It was only when reading the full piece that I realised it wasn't nearly bad as presented. You also obviously have to take into account the mindset of the Scottish journalist writing the piece and whose aim will be to get the Old Firm into everything.

Still, Random's raised some decent points. Steve's allowed himself, consciously or not, to become another influencial football insider that's welcoming back the dark days of an Old Firm in the top division and all that entails, which is generally negative for clubs like ours as well as the game in general. He should have just talked positively about the situation at Saints and that's all.

Like it or not the Old Firm are treated differently and those denying it must have very large blinkers. The embarrassing outcry by Motherwell and Thistle that Steve's sadly endorsed just helps this. No wonder teams struggle against them with Scottish football's mindset. I remember Sam Parkin saying they were just another game so lets get on with beating them but of course he hadn't been brainwashed from birth. It's a great shame others didn't project the same. If this isn't about money then its even more nonsense than it appears. All clubs have away grounds they've always struggled at and have to visit at uneven number of times but dont whinge and demand its changed. This should be no different.

Of course if Steve, Well and Thistle dont like a league set up that leads to imbalanced fixture lists they can always lead a change in the structure to get rid of it. If it means fewer games away to the Old Firm then that can only be good of course because it's not about the money after all. 

Third paragraph ,spot on.

What are people's real thoughts on our chairman? I mean real thoughts...

Mine are that all the plus points he scores he wipes out with no need comments and a general lack of PR skills. Think his heart might be in the right place but is just not a patch on his father.

Don't want this to sound like bye bye Dundee or brown out but i'm  losing whatever patience I had with the man. What are others thoughts?

firstly you are kind off and secondly I had every right to spray bullets as his conviction was naive however the past year has been a real growth period in his leadership along with giving our manager great support I have nothing but great applause for taking on the challenge and making the chairmanship his own. 

Well done Steve long live our new king 

firstly you are kind off and secondly I had every right to spray bullets as his conviction was naive however the past year has been a real growth period in his leadership along with giving our manager great support I have nothing but great applause for taking on the challenge and making the chairmanship his own. 

Well done Steve long live our new king 

BBD "spraying bullets" We have gun laws in this country that work to prevent  this type of thing happen.  More effective than the ones in USA unfortunately for all in your adopted country.

Nice to see you backing Stevie - all credit for the turnaround by you.

Both clubs actively made comments demanding Celtic and Rangers were given preferential treatment in the fixture list, and promoted the idea that Scottish clubs are dependent on both these clubs supporters paying to get into their ground. Thats the exact opposite type of statement clubs in this country should be making, and to hear Brown agreeing that home games against these clubs are important

I agree - Steve Brown shouldn't have said that. It implies Celtic and Sevco should be treated differently, which is exactly the sort of thing we've been trying to get away from during the wonderful armageddon years. Sure, it's unfair, but that's the unfair system the clubs all signed up for when agreeing to play each other an uneven number of times pre-split.

Doesn't take away from the fact that he's done a terrific job as chairman, though.

I agree - Stes Brown shouldn't have said that. It implies Celtic and Sevco should be treated differently, which is exactly the sort of thing we've been trying to get away from during the wonderful armageddon years. Sure, it's unfair, but that's the unfair system the clubs all signed up for when agreeing to play each other an uneven number of times pre-split.

Doesn't take away from the fact that he's done a terrific job as chairman, though.

Something wrong with a system that gives on 1home OF to 3 clubs & gives 2 home games to another 3. Surely nothing to do with uneven games pre split.

Never said it did, he's one of the best chairmen in the UK.

Something wrong with a system that gives on 1home OF to 3 clubs & gives 2 home games to another 3. Surely nothing to do with uneven games pre split.

Its everything to do with the uneven amount of games. We have uneven home games with the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen too, yet nobody kicks up a fuss, but as soon as Rangers are back folk start crying. Its a complete farce which puts an awful gleen on the mentality of people in Scottish football. The SPFL have, rightfully, inserted Rangers into the fixtures list as a newly promoted side instead of a top two side.

It's got everything to do with uneven games before the split, unless you're saying that you want fixtures involving OF clubs to be treated differently to the other clubs in the league?