Forum upgrade/updates

Jamie_Beatson

Hi everyone,

I've just done a full close season upgrade of the software and update of the database. The site seems to be running fine to me, if a little slow. That sometimes happen when you tinker with a database with over 3/4 million posts in it!

There have been a couple of slight tweaks to the visual appearance of the site, including the addition of sidebars in the forum home, topic list and post view pages. This is to facilitate the new advertising blocks that will appear in the coming days to help fund the site's continued (and ever increasing) hosting and software expenses.

If you notice any issues please post them in here.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi, I've not been on here for ages and just starting getting notification emails stating there has been an additional post to a topic I'm following. Tried to change in notification settings and seems there is no setting to state you don't want emails, only option to have each time, once a day or once a week.

Jamie, I think there's a problem with the update notification if new posts are made to a thread you're still in. It used to come up with who had posted a new comment. Now, I'm just getting a black box at the bottom with no writing on it and nothing to press to bring up the new post.

Hi everyone,

I've just done a full close season upgrade of the software and update of the database. The site seems to be running fine to me, if a little slow. That sometimes happen when you tinker with a database with over 3/4 million posts in it!

There have been a couple of slight tweaks to the visual appearance of the site, including the addition of sidebars in the forum home, topic list and post view pages. This is to facilitate the new advertising blocks that will appear in the coming days to help fund the site's continued (and ever increasing) hosting and software expenses.

If you notice any issues please post them in here.

Thanks,

Jamie

Seems that the quote facility no longer displays the name of the person you're quoting (like here, for example!). 

Dosent seem to be rendering particularly well for mobile. The banner add is bleeding into the right hand side giving a whole column of nothing, which you slip into when scrolling.  Also no option to view desktop site even although my browser is set to request it.

Other than that looking good and thanks for your continuing efforts 

At last, managed to "quote" a post using my BlackBerry pad, on return from hols. My phone and Kindle Fire (which I had on hols with me) won't allow quote button to operate.

When clicking quote, "reply to this topic box appears."

Further click to bring up keyboard, results in "click to choose files" and "notify me of replies" appearing.

Can someone more computer literate than I explain where I am going wrong please?

Yes. You're buying far too much stuff.

Gee, quote is working from laptop,

At last, managed to "quote" a post using my BlackBerry pad, on return from hols. My phone and Kindle Fire (which I had on hols with me) won't allow quote button to operate.

When clicking quote, "reply to this topic box appears."

Further click to bring up keyboard, results in "click to choose files" and "notify me of replies" appearing.

Can someone more computer literate than I explain where I am going wrong please?

Now just need to get Phone & Kindle working.

• 3 weeks later...

Jamie, I'm struggling with the polls, as the buttons and check boxes won't appear at the foot of the poll window.  To add additional names to the MOTM polls I had to click on where I thought the 'add option' box should be, and couldn't do it at all on my ipad.  The pop up confirmation windows also have no text, just blank buttons. Got there in the end, but it's frustrating not being able to do it on my ipad.

Sorry to sound whingey, if I hadn't done a thousand polls before I wouldn't have got there at all, so others may find it impossible.

• 4 weeks later...

Jamie, I think there's a problem with the update notification if new posts are made to a thread you're still in. It used to come up with who had posted a new comment. Now, I'm just getting a black box at the bottom with no writing on it and nothing to press to bring up the new post.

Hi Jamie I am having this problem to which is a pain on match days

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...