Forum upgrade/updates

Jamie_Beatson

Jamie, appreciate the need for ads, but there is now a Domino's pop up ad that comes up time and time again and is a royal pain in the arse to get out off.

If you use chrome I would advise installing the ad blocker - usefully for numerous other sites as well as this one.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

Edited by garydavidson

^^ what he said.

it isn't actually a tremendous amount. But the issue with donations/subscriptions is it creates two tiers of users and on a small forum that can be an issue.

i did actually consider going even further and creating a subscription model that included podcasts/news/features/analysis for subscribers but I don't think there would be a big enough uptake to make that work.

^^ what he said.

it isn't actually a tremendous amount. But the issue with donations/subscriptions is it creates two tiers of users and on a small forum that can be an issue.

i did actually consider going even further and creating a subscription model that included podcasts/news/features/analysis for subscribers but I don't think there would be a big enough uptake to make that work.

a wap podcast would be tremendous, incidently talking baws is a great listen as is The Terrace

^^ what he said.

agreed, but some enlightened members might be willing to make donations, without requiring recognition and expecting nothing in return apart from the warm glow inside of knowing they are helping to perpetuate a great service to fellow Saints fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Hands up anyone who doesn't understand that Domino Pizza make Pizza and would like you to buy it. This ad has totally fecked up the site,it bounces about everywhere, it doesn't skip when it is supposed to, and I'm offski until Jamie takes it off. Bye.

The issue is i don't control that ad popping up. It's served centrally through an ad server and for whatever reason we're getting that one constantly just now. I've asked for it to be taken off our rotation so hopefully it'll be gone asap.

Thank you Jamie, that's good enough for me. It must depend on the device you use because some folk are having no problem and others clearly are. I get it almost every time I go to a different thread, it's murder to get out of, and I keep randomly getting bounced to the Dominos pizza homepage. It wouldn't be so bad were it not for the fact I can't stand pizza!