***FAIR CITY UNITY MEETING***

Puckfolice

Knew you couldn't resist sticking yer oar in.stick to yer tartan rug 

Don't have a tartan rug auld yin. Might have one by the time iam your age though.:roll:

just because ICT is more expensive doesn't make it right.

The lads took a stance, fair play to them.

Lots of other fans made a stance too, hence the empty seats all over McD.

I know it does not make it right but inverness away compared to celtic at home. Surely better giving your own club 14 quid.

Not to mention the cost of travelling up to Inverness. 

Changed days from when you were that age how much was it 3/6d:razz:

image.jpeg

That answers my question, thanks.

Some precious souls in this thread getting all hot and bothered far too easily.

I will disagree with whoever said it was 'obvious' why there were empty seats in the stands. When we have a situation where the club officially stops selling tickets to home fans then this could easily have been given as a reason/excuse for people not turning up. "They couldn't get tickets" etc. That banner leaves no doubt, well done guys.

If you just decided to stay at home and watch on TV then your protest was pointless. Nobody knows it happened.

The empty seats were due to high ticket prices, Police Scotland's ticketing policy for Old Firm games in Perth,The  mid day kick off, It was live on the box and most pubs have BT sport, And most people now have the tech to stream just about any game from any where in the world sitting in their own living rooms alongside some cheap supermarket bevvy.

Sky and BT will eventually kill football with there saturation coverage turning football fans into goggle box armchair layabouts with nobody attending games.

The less fans turn up the higher the prices will go up to cover rising wages and Police costs.

The empty seats were due to high ticket prices, Police Scotland's ticketing policy for Old Firm games in Perth,The  mid day kick off, It was live on the box and most pubs have BT sport, And most people now have the tech to stream just about any game from any where in the world sitting in their own living rooms alongside some cheap supermarket bevvy.

Sky and BT will eventually kill football with there saturation coverage turning football fans into goggle box armchair layabouts with nobody attending games.

The less fans turn up the higher the prices will go up to cover rising wages and Police costs.

Great statement but not just a saints problem,but a Scottish problem,

As a season ticket holder this does not affect me but I do think  it is unacceptable that Police Scotland can dictate this policy. Does this involve other clubs and if not why not?

Perhaps other clubs have effective fan databases or membership schemes? That's unlike Saints who have ignored doing this for years and are now actually missing out on bums-on-seats as a result. It's not the police's fault that the club's approach to ticketing is painfully outdated.

Speaking personally I would like to get back to the days of just very occasional live games on TV. Get the fans back into the grounds at 3.00 on Saturdays and sod the armchair fans.

Absolutely this!  Never going to happen as long as the TV companies line the pockets of the suits at the SFA though.  Sportscene/online highlights on a Sunday evening is all that is needed by way of televised football in my view.

Perhaps other clubs have effective fan databases or membership schemes? That's unlike Saints who have ignored doing this for years and are now actually missing out on bums-on-seats as a result. It's not the police's fault that the club's approach to ticketing is painfully outdated.

You are right of course in that there are faults at Saints in regards to ticketing but Police Scotland should be capable of coping with any situation that arises through Old Squirm fans infiltrating home areas, and therefore Saints end tickets sales should not stop just because the away end is full.

Guest ScottMann

You are right of course in that there are faults at Saints in regards to ticketing but Police Scotland should be capable of coping with any situation that arises through Old Squirm fans infiltrating home areas, and therefore Saints end tickets sales should not stop just because the away end is full.

They're a disgrace. They'd rather sit back and let tens of thousands of people break the law every week rather than actually do anything to stop them. It's much easier to contain the bigots than actually police them. Allowing them to bring their own stewards is another joke as they obviously just re-enforce the Old Firm standards meaning sod all is done. Like everyone else in positions of power in Scotland they're simply too scared to take real action against the bigot brothers. 

As a season ticket holder this does not affect me but I do think  it is unacceptable that Police Scotland can dictate this policy. Does this involve other clubs and if not why not?

At least this time they didn't have a helicopter & 2 or 4 horses even though this was the biggest Celtic support since Police Scotland took over.

It's a well known fact that Celtic's traveling stewards are extremely leiniant towards the fans as many of them are fans themselves and know loads of them. That's why they get away for so much. Was a riddy that police get away with filming fans tho. Had the camera on us a few times and it makes u feel very u comfortable 

Whilst generally very supportive of you, bit daft to complain at being filmed by the police when you go to games, all of which are filmed in one way or another, and at which you display banners designed -quite rightly - to attract that very media attention. Mind the evidence collected could work in your favour on many occasions. But that's a minor moan - you lads are doing a great job.

I agree with you on this, but it's all the more reason why Saints should have sorted out the ticketing process years ago. There have been so many massive games for us over the last few years that by this stage it should be very, very easy for the club to have a system in place for recognising who the regulars are.

I agree with you on this, but it's all the more reason why Saints should have sorted out the ticketing process years ago. There have been so many massive games for us over the last few years that by this stage it should be very, very easy for the club to have a system in place for recognising who the regulars are.

I remember having an argument about this issue with Stewart Duff when we had the old official forum.  He basically accused anyone who didn't have a season ticket, or who hadn't been at a previous game at which vouchers were distributed, of not being real fans.  Result:  hundreds of empty seats in the Saints section (which happened to be the Main Stand).

As much as I love the club and have a tendency to defend them - I can't agree more with this.. We have had so many opportunists over the last 10 years to build up a solid database of supporters. European matches home and away. Massive cup semi-finals and finals and regular visits from the Old Firm. And we still can't get it right...

Farcical is not an overstatement!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

I don't recall any issues at all through the 90s when the Ormond stand was mixed even for old firm games. Are Celtic fans that desperate to come to a game in Perth that they would buy tickets in the home end?

I remember my mate sat in there for years with his lad and he said there was loads of times it nearly kicked off. Mainly if saints scored or won and opposition fans couldn't take it.  

I remember my mate sat in there for years with his lad and he said there was loads of times it nearly kicked off. Mainly if saints scored or won and opposition fans couldn't take it.  

Only trouble I recall v Celtic was a Saints fan running from the stand towards a celebrating Henrik Larsson with his hands out like he wanted to strangle him.

In all the time that McDiarmid has been open has there been any SERIOUS trouble ?  I remember a few isolated trouble spots v The Arabs and v Lucerne probably came too close for comfort. The worst incident I have witnessed personally was v Montrose in the cup a few years ago, but as I said there has been no serious trouble so why should our fans be penalised.

In all the time that McDiarmid has been open has there been any SERIOUS trouble ?  I remember a few isolated trouble spots v The Arabs and v Lucerne probably came too close for comfort. The worst incident I have witnessed personally was v Montrose in the cup a few years ago, but as I said there has been no serious trouble so why should our fans be penalised.

There have been loads of incidents.  Whether you class them as serious is another matter. If 20 odd guys knocking lumps out each other is serious, i've seen several. Motherwell, Dundee, Hibs, Dundee United, Airdrie, Aberdeen all more than once. Loads more incidents of a lesser extent.

Inside McDiarmid I've seen fights with Dundee, Celtic, United, Hibs and Hamilton. Apart from United they were all fairly minor though. That United game was carnage, fighting all along the east stand :lol: