Saints v Falkirk .SLC Sections 23/7/16

Very capable display without any real panache.Surprised at Danny S getting sponsors MOM although he played ok.I thought Easton had a good match with several excellent crosses.The game kind of passed Alston by but theres lots more to come.A clean sheet always pleases me.COYS

Have been impressed with Liam in the last 5 games last season & so far this season but he was poor today after his missed pen'.

We all have bad days so I am sure he will recover.

Thought Falkirk weaved pretty patters just like Bradford but no bite.

Not particularly inspiring, but competent performance.We never tested their keeper at all really, apart from the pens. Scobbie didn't put a foot wrong all day, my mom, but we were hardly tested in the first half, although they carried more threat second 

Have been watching Saints since 1946 and I cannot remember a match where we got 3 penalties in a match let alone 3 in one half - and all hit to the keeper's right!  I freely admit to missing many many games in that time through work, location etc. so can any one say if this is a record?  Seem to recall a match 20 or so years ago where 3 penalties were awarded against Dundee at Dens but they were playing one of the ugly sisters.

That said I thought Falkirk were awful but a win is a win.  Thought the young team did well with their efforts to up the atmosphere, they have obviously picked up some tips from watching the Euros.  Also, thought Chris Kane carried more threat in his 20 minutes or so than the others in the whole match.

Have been watching Saints since 1946 and I cannot remember a match where we got 3 penalties in a match let alone 3 in one half - and all hit to the keeper's right!  I freely admit to missing many many games in that time through work, location etc. so can any one say if this is a record?  Seem to recall a match 20 or so years ago where 3 penalties were awarded against Dundee at Dens but they were playing one of the ugly sisters.

That said I thought Falkirk were awful but a win is a win.  Thought the young team did well with their efforts to up the atmosphere, they have obviously picked up some tips from watching the Euros.  Also, thought Chris Kane carried more threat in his 20 minutes or so than the others in the whole match.

Remember seeing Rangers get three penalties at Muirton against us way back in the seventies. 

Job done, nothing fancy, just like at Elgin last week.

Two lower division teams swept aside without breaking sweat, think its important we field a strong side at Brechin, do the business, and then do a bit of rotation next week.

I think Madden was just going straight to the penalty shoot out, but if that's the precedent for the season then it's fine by me. Easy to say today as a Saints fan, but a foul is a foul, and in the box it's a penalty.

Never like to slag a saints player but **** only knows how Liam Craig gets a jersey , he is the weak link in midfield,can't pass can't shoot can't even get in the road very well ,was once half decent for us but this time round he is nothing short of embarrassing. There I've said it .