Saints v Falkirk .SLC Sections 23/7/16

Remember seeing Rangers get three penalties at Muirton against us way back in the seventies. 

That was my first Saints game. The third penalty was awarded when the ball was in the Rangers box! Rangers left a poacher up and the defender marking him decked him. Also saw 3 in a game between Sheffied Wednesday and Sheffield United at Hillborough, all to Wednesday. All six scored.

Standard win. We werenae great but were certainly  far far ahead of a piss poor Falkirk. 3 Pens in 37...  never seen that in regulation play before. Good turnout by both sets of fans.  Well done Saints.

ghostie im sure a few years back a game against clyde there were 4 or 5 penalties in the game

Not a great game but pleased with the professionalism shown by Saints and the end result.  Thought the ref made the correct call with the pens - they looked like pens to me at the time and even more so on having watched them on the telly.  Hope all refs punish jersey pulling like that now - it will improve the game no end.

In my opinion the first penalty was a definite penalty as was the second on seeing the replay the third was a bit less clear cut. We in fact should have had another in the aftermath of Liams miss, I also understand Falkirk maybe should have had one for And persons handball. As long as we get consistency from all refs I hope it continues.

Not a great game but pleased wit h the professionalism shown by Saints and the end result.  Thought the ref made the correct call with the pens - they looked like pens to me at the time and even more so on having watched them on the telly.  Hope all refs punish jersey pulling like that now - it will improve the game no end.

I think they should show the vid to the EPL refs as the defenders down there get away with wrestling in the box every game.

Guest ScottMann

That was my first Saints game. The third penalty was awarded when the ball was in the Rangers box! Rangers left a poacher up and the defender marking him decked him. Also saw 3 in a game between Sheffied Wednesday and Sheffield United at Hillborough, all to Wednesday. All six scored.

Not quite. The third Rangers penalty was saved by Donaldson and Johnston scored from the rebound.

Guest ScottMann

I was talking about how it was awarded, not taken. The play was in the Rangers box, and a Ranger and a Saint had handbags in the Saints box, spotted by the linesman. Mind you, I was 10 I think, so happy to be corrected by someone older who was there.

Ah right. When you said all 6 were scored I thought you were talking about the number of penalties that were scored not how it was awarded. Have noted your terms of reference for any future corrections that might be needed.

In my opinion the first penalty was a definite penalty as was the second on seeing the replay the third was a bit less clear cut. We in fact should have had another in the aftermath of Liams miss, I also understand Falkirk maybe should have had one for And persons handball. As long as we get consistency from all refs I hope it continues.

where did u get to see this?

Never thought I would see the day when I agreed with Peter Houston.

1st was most certainly a penalty. The second one is very rarely given but certainly should be a penalty. The third was never a penalty as they were both pulling each others shirts. Considering the award of the third one, Ando was lucky to get away with jumping over and onto their striker whilst getting nowhere near the ball.

1st was most certainly a penalty. The second one is very rarely given but certainly should be a penalty. The third was never a penalty as they were both pulling each others shirts. Considering the award of the third one, Ando was lucky to get away with jumping over and onto their striker whilst getting nowhere near the ball.

You see the refs view for the third incident in the highlights, and theres a player blocking his view of Cummins holding a shirt, so all he can see if the Falkirk player with a handful of Cummins top. Can't blame him for making that decision. 

Had to agree with him as well - if this was against Celtic or the Rangers would they have been given quite so easily? 

That is a fair point, against the ugly sisters we would have had a 1 in 3 chance of the first and none whatsoever for the second and third.

But if Falkirk had been playing either of the ugly sisters all three would have been given, cards would have been dished out and the media wouldn't have given the decisions a second glance.

But if Falkirk had been playing either of the ugly sisters all three would have been given, cards would have been dished out and the media wouldn't have given the decisions a second glance.

I agree, I still think three penalties for us in the same match could be a record.  For the ugly sisters it will be far from unheard of as some above have already illustrated.

1st is stonewaller. 2nd i still cant see what its given for 3rd cummins is just palming him off not actually holding his shirt