Calling ALL overseas Saintees

AthensSaint

St Johnstone have asked me through their new SLO if we have any interest in us EXILES being more involved in the club regardless that we are remote. I have said yes, please help me out with ideas on how we can make this a success for all of us. PM may better for controversial topics ☺

Saints helping with streams so you guys and gals can see more games would be good

You might all stop talking such pish :cool:

Ed, streaming is a great point. We had a really good evening thanks to my spazz one night with him organizing an online listen in on Skype to one of our euro adventures. Camaraderie was great and perfect silence considering double figures.

Can the Highland Saints be included  :razz:

GMac, I think the idea behind this is to include as many worldwide saints as possible to close links to the club. Highlands Saints would appear to have strong links to the club already as the supporters bus found out on the way to Elgin via Aviemore.

The social media side of things and the video content has really helped me feel closer to the club over the last few years as a fan who isn't based in Perth. But it would be good to see that keep developing, moving on a little bit further and getting something like one of the ask the manager nights broadcast using Facebook live video so that everybody has an opportunity to watch or take part. The technology exists already, it's free to broadcast, and you would be encouraging comments and questions from people live inside the room, and also people tuning in around the world.

Out of interest, what kind of things have you noticed other clubs doing to help exiles engage more? Is there one particular club leading the way with these kind of initiatives?

How about a map in the Muirton Suite with a pin in every place abroad where a Saints fan lives

As a temporary measure only though, before erecting marble busts of every exile along the roads into the car park (to be renamed Exiles Way and Avenue of the Glorious Absent).

St Johnstone have asked me through their new SLO if we have any interest in us EXILES being more involved in the club regardless that we are remote. I have said yes, please help me out with ideas on how we can make this a success for all of us. PM may better for controversial topics ☺

1. Sponsor a player, easily done with PayPal and can be organised through here 

2. Sponsor a match day, same as above

3. Someone can write an article for the match day programme, a saints perspective from around the globe with possibly memories against the team we are playing etc

4. Set a game for later on the season where a number of you are willing to travel for where you can be saints guest for the day, bit of good marketing if done right with fans from all over the world coming to see a game.

5. Chip in for a few season tickets that could perhaps be donated to a kids charity or similar in Perth for people who aren't so lucky to be able to attend games

6. Why not help out the FCU with donations for flags etc and help them keep up their good work

IMO theirs not much you can do without giving money in some way to the club and if people are willing to do it then I think theirs a number of opportunities to be involved. I think it's good saints have done this and I hope those saintees in exile can get something to make them feel closer to the club

GMac, I think the idea behind this is to include as many worldwide saints as possible to close links to the club. Highlands Saints would appear to have strong links to the club already as the supporters bus found out on the way to Elgin via Aviemore.

Just to point out Athens that the Highland Saints have no connection to anyone at the Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore (I'm guessing that's what you're referring to). I believe the relationship there goes way back to long before the HS got together. The owner (possibly deceased?) is/was a big Saints fan, hence the memorabilia and pitch side advertising. I believe the Saints buses used to stop there on the way north, and can only imagine the current incumbents don't share the previous bond.

Anyway, good luck with the exiles thing

The biggest element for me is communication. It's much easier to get info these days than in the bad old (pre-internet) days, but it's still good to keep (and be kept) in touch. Therefore some sort of semi-formal exiles grouping - possibly not much more than an email mailing list - would be good to keep two-way communication going.

I like YHall's idea of us sponsoring season tickets that could be distributed throughout the season to schools or organisations. I suggested that a few years ago but there wasn't the infrastructure then to do it. If we had an Exiles group affiliated to the club that would make it possible.

There is more than one form of exile. If you are too strapped to buy tickets, either through low income or too many other commitments, or disabled, it can be more difficult to attend a match than if you live many miles away, especially if the emigrants have the dosh and the physical ability to get up here and at least attend occasionally. So it would be Braw if the geographical exiles could find a way to help out the domestic exiles, either by supporting disabled supporters initiatives in some way or, as has been suggested, finding a (sensitive) way of getting broke folk to the odd game.

But you will have to spend some money, and you will have to actually organise something.

1. Sponsor a player, easily done with PayPal and can be organised through here 

2. Sponsor a match day, same as above

3. Someone can write an article for the match day programme, a saints perspective from around the globe with possibly memories against the team we are playing etc

4. Set a game for later on the season where a number of you are willing to travel for where you can be saints guest for the day, bit of good marketing if done right with fans from all over the world coming to see a game.

5. Chip in for a few season tickets that could perhaps be donated to a kids charity or similar in Perth for people who aren't so lucky to be able to attend games

6. Why not help out the FCU with donations for flags etc and help them keep up their good work

IMO theirs not much you can do without giving money in some way to the club and if people are willing to do it then I think theirs a number of opportunities to be involved. I think it's good saints have done this and I hope those saintees in exile can get something to make them feel closer to the club

Excellent points made above. Perhaps Saints could introduce an "Exile" season package. It would incorporate some of the above points as part of the package. Saints and SLO would need to gauge interest from Exile in order to see if it’s a starter or not. Then would need to see how much people would be prepared and what would be in the package. 

If enough interest seats for Exile could be together which would be a great way for Exiles to meet their fellow keyboard warriors from WAP. If not in use can be donated to local school/charity.

The strip could be part of the package or maybe some kind of t-shirt which would prompt interest in St Johnstone, making others look for St Johnstone on the web.

Imagine Saints found an Exile support prepared to fund a new signings wages!!

There is a link somewhere on here to a company that provides a PPV full suite, all they have to do is put a camera and connect the pictures via Wifi.... 

Suggestion: PPV for overseas viewers.

SURE IT WILL HAPPEN JUST LIKE THE NEW WEBSITE..........................................

PPV PLATFORM.... Get started in minutes, keep ownership of your copyright material, charge users per view..... broadcast live etc.

If the club don't do something like this: THEY DON'T LIKE MONEY.

https://solidtango.com/ As used by many clubs abroad, including IFK Gothenburg.

WHAT I AM NOT INTERESTED IN PAYING FOR IS THE YOUTUBE TYPE OF VIDEOS. ONLY LIVE MATCHES

JTxwYsu.jpg

Edited by MySpazz

Just to point out Athens that the Highland Saints have no connection to anyone at the Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore (I'm guessing that's what you're referring to). I believe the relationship there goes way back to long before the HS got together. The owner (possibly deceased?) is/was a big Saints fan, hence the memorabilia and pitch side advertising. I believe the Saints buses used to stop there on the way north, and can only imagine the current incumbents don't share the previous bond.

Anyway, good luck with the exiles thing

The late great Peter Steinle was a fanatical Saints fan and a lovely guy.

As far as I'm aware his son has carried on the connection, certainly he had the last time I was in there and Saints were using the hotel as a stop over for league games up north.

There is a link somewhere on here to a company that provides a PPV full suite, all they have to do is put a camera and connect the pictures via Wifi.... 

Suggestion: PPV for overseas viewers.

SURE IT WILL HAPPEN JUST LIKE THE NEW WEBSITE..........................................

Isn't the problem with PPV broadcasting rights? I'd imagine anything official would need to be sanctioned by the SPL, and that won't happen. It'll just have to be an unofficial stream. I'd rather sponsor some youth players. Set up a 20 minute Skype every 3 months for a chat & regular emails about their development.