Saints v Hearts. LC round of 16. Wed 10th August

Next up we have a league cup game  against Hearts with the winners progressing to the quarter finals. Obviously winnable but we will need to be far sharper in front of goal if we are going to go through..  Team wise, I would have Cummins and Liam oot and Paton and Coulson in ( if there are no injuries from todays game)

Views??

If Liams not dropped we riot. Wouldn't be a huge shock to find out Muzz managed to injure himself at some point though, and I'd hate to change both CMs. Imagine Clark will replace Mannus as part of the "rotation", while Kane will maybe start.

Clark

Joe - Ando - Scobbie - Easton

Alston - Muzz - Paton - Swanson

Cummins - Kane

I think Spoony has done enough coming on against Stirling and Aberdeen to warrant a start ahead of Alston.

I would drop Liam, move Alston into the middle and start Spoony on the right

Saying that, Spoony also prefers playing more central, so a straight swap him for Liam would also be an option

If Spoony does come in as a swap for Alston on the right, I would replace Liam with Paton as his passing ability would be better

Although Hearts look a bit more skilful this term, they are still a physical side, another reason Muzz and Paton in the middle might make sense

Edited by Edstar101

Kane for Cummings from Sunday's starting eleven, the rest the same.

I thought we'd walk this one after their failure to beat the Maltese pub eleven, but they didn't look too bad in the highlights at the weekend.

I still think we can win it though

I would drop Liam, move Alston into the middle and start Spoony on the right

Saying that, Spoony also prefers playing more central, so a straight swap him for Liam would also be an option

If Spoony does come in as a swap for Alston on the right, I would replace Liam with Paton as his passing ability would be better

Although Hearts look a bit more skilful this term, they are still a physical side, another reason Muzz and Paton in the middle might make sense

Is that code for "a shower of hacking diving bastards"? If so I would agree.