saints v celtic

saint-johns-toun

I have never really enjoyed being at games v the ugly sisters because of their fans attitude and behaviour, especially when I had the boy with me.  In most cases I gave it a miss for that reason.  I'm sure I'm not alone in that opinion.

Since our crowd is likely to be down, why not bleed them for all they will give?  

I get your viewpoint, they are both horrible arrogant shower of s.... and no place for their outdated views, but I would never let it stop me going and supporting Saints either at Perth or away in Glasgow, just because of that, but personal choice and all that, I tend to just switch off and have a laugh at them, as majority of them haven't a clue what they are singing about, tends to be a hard core away support and the rest is made up of locals who get to their one away match a season from places like Crieff, Perth, Muthill and think the right thing to do is sing the same shit they hear at the other matches they watch their heroes on the tele.

Always took the kids as well, as tend to find they are oblivious to the chants and more interested in watching the game and have had the added bonus of letting them see us get it right up them at their places in the last few seasons.

take their money, although the Deadco mob will not be in attendance with the boycott so should be peaceful for that one, so we are led to believe!!

If I watch a game in the pub I end up spending more than I would in going to a match, although that probably says more about my alcohol intake than Saints pricing structure.

I can get 11 pints in the Foundry for the price of the game on Saturday. Might not finish them all in just over an hour mind.

Is it too expensive ? yes.

Is it the best thing to do for St J ? yes. 

The home crowd would be humped by the tele/kick off time anyway so let's at least fleece the tic fans. Shame a few loyal saints will get caught in the crossfire but in the greater scheme of things it makes sense. That said, I like the various suggestions about 2 games for £40 and handing out £5 discount vouchers in advance. 

Anyone want to talk football? 

I'd say this is a good a time as any to take the game to Celtic. We're 12 games unbeaten (including a 2-1 win against them) and they'll hopefully have to put in a shift tonight. If we can produce our trademark brand of effort and ability then I see no reason not to be optimistic.

Mannus 

Joe Ando Brad Beast

Alston Midge Muzz Swanson

Macca Zippy 

Zander, Kane, Liam, Spoony, Paton Scobbie 

You could argue everyone on that bench would be unlucky not to start, 

A real shame that Celtic are trying to address their defensive frailties from last season as set pieces always gave us opportunities to get something out of the game. 

Get in their faces from the off and keep their wingers quiet, I reckon we could get something out of this.

This Celtic side look a lot better than last year. Very good down the wings so our full backs will need to be on top of their games. One things for sure though is that Celtic defence is still rank which means we need to try and have a go. Focus will be on defending the wide areas and I'd be tempted to start Kane and MacLean and get them playing close together and in about that Celtic defence.

Edited by Broon

Will there be a cash gate or tickets for saints end on sale on Saturday ? Cant get down to Perth for tickets. 

all ticket. you can phone and collect tickets on the day but im pretty sure celtic have sold out which means saints have to stop their sale-not great when this happens. 

the reason for it are obvious but means there will be many last minute saints fans missing out. this is where a database would come in handy and only those with so many points can purchase tickets

Edited by 541ntees

Guest ScottMann

all ticket. you can phone and collect tickets on the day but im pretty sure celtic have sold out which means saints have to stop their sale-not great when this happens. 

the reason for it are obvious but means there will be many last minute saints fans missing out. this is where a database would come in handy and only those with so many points can purchase tickets

It's a ridiculous reason brought about by stewards and police not doing their jobs properly. Saints fans shouldn't be missing out at all because of this rule.

Tickets are still available for both clubs.

Celtic have sold out the North Stand, which they sold directly to their supporters.

Celtic end tickets are still available through St Johnstone.

Celtic supporters who have to buy through St Johnstone are not happy, cause it will not go on there "purchase history" and results in them missing out on points for games attended, which could make them miss out on Champs League, Rangers, final tickets etc.

In future Saints should give Celtic tickets for the North and South to sell, and keep the Main Stand tickets to sell to the local Perth Celtic supporters.

Is absolutely ridiculous from saints, so that means some saints fans are going to miss out on a virtually empty saints end. 

They didn't announce what was happening until Sunday night either, that's fine if your a knuckle dragging dole sponger from down the road but what about the working man. 

Football these days is a joke !

Is absolutely ridiculous from saints, so that means some saints fans are going to miss out on a virtually empty saints end. 

They didn't announce what was happening until Sunday night either, that's fine if your a knuckle dragging dole sponger from down the road but what about the working man. 

Football these days is a joke !

The policy has been the same for a good few seasons now and as far as I have read is not the choice of the club.

It takes about five minutes to call Saints and buy tickets. Great service and no need to miss out on any of your days work.