saints v celtic

saint-johns-toun

Guest ScottMann

Celtic supporters who have to buy through St Johnstone are not happy, cause it will not go on there "purchase history" and results in them missing out on points for games attended, which could make them miss out on Champs League, Rangers, final tickets etc.

Excellent!

In future Saints should give Celtic tickets for the North and South to sell, and keep the Main Stand tickets to sell to the local Perth Celtic supporters.

Sod that. If these cretins want to support a Glasgow team then they should buy their tickets from Glasgow. No way should we pander to the local bigots.

The policy has been the same for a good few seasons now and as far as I have read is not the choice of the club.

It takes about five minutes to call Saints and buy tickets. Great service and no need to miss out on any of your days work.

The last game against Celtic I went to was on a Friday night an am pretty sure there was a cash gate as few of my friends came an had no tickets, not 100% though, usually have a season ticket but after missing out last season due to an unexpected holiday at Costa del Perth I didn't bother this year. 

I don't have a bank account to use, but think am in luck as the diggers broken down at work so am going to shoot down to Perth

Guest ScottMann

Someone in our ticket office said to me if they didn't then local Celtic fans would just end up buying tickets for the Saints end.  

That's where the proper stewarding and policing come in. If you're in the wrong end then you're out. Except they don't do that so Saints fans suffer. It's just wrong.

That's where the proper stewarding and policing come in. If you're in the wrong end then you're out. Except they don't do that so Saints fans suffer. It's just wrong.

Reluctantly completely agree. 

This is an easy route out by the police. Celtic and rangers should contribute to the policing costs their own shady histories mean they incur wherever they go. 

They will say they shouldn't be punished for being bug clubs, but it is a history of sectarianism that has made them so. 

They should continue ticket sales and have enough police inside the ground to evict trouble makers and outside the ground to arrest those who protest eviction. 

Make no mistake this will be a toughie for us! I love my team but at times we look a bit ponderous ...ok so Swanson has pace but he will be a marked man... And as per usual will get no protection! 

Tic have pace and although I don't think they are great they want everything get everything ... As long as we don't give them too much respect and concede an early goal ?!? COYS 

I see Saints are getting a fair bit of stick on Facebook page from our fans who'd left it until the last minute/ didn't get paid until today and feel they're going to miss out.

The rule to stop selling our tickets once Celtic have sold out has probably been in place a while, but it's never been a factor the last few years.  There was only Mon-Thursday to get tickets though, so not a lot of time.

Our fans missing out on tickets for any of our games should never ever happen, we have a pretty poor support and we can't afford to alienate folk.  The cup semi last season, the prices and ending of ticket sales for home support when there will be 3000 empty seats could all surely be avoided.

A membership scheme would take many of these issues away and make all ticket games so much easier.  Would also be able to keep a track of how many games folk attend, and for all ticket matches prioritise sales in a simple way.

Good decision from the club regarding season ticket holders still being able to buy tickets though, hopefully those not yet got a ticket get a hold of one through that.

It really is a simple solution, years ago I'm sure at muirton...there was a voucher scheme before a cup game where you needed to attend the two matches before hand to be eligible to get a ticket. 

Even simpler employ the Nero coffee scheme, non season ticket holders sign up to a loyalty scheme, and get a stamp for every game they go-to. This could even be expanded to if you have x amount of stamps over a period they get some sort of priority after season ticket holders for tickets for semi finals..... And finals  

I see Saints are getting a fair bit of stick on Facebook page from our fans who'd left it until the last minute/ didn't get paid until today and feel they're going to miss out.

The rule to stop selling our tickets once Celtic have sold out has probably been in place a while, but it's never been a factor the last few years.  There was only Mon-Thursday to get tickets though, so not a lot of time.

Our fans missing out on tickets for any of our games should never ever happen, we have a pretty poor support and we can't afford to alienate folk.  The cup semi last season, the prices and ending of ticket sales for home support when there will be 3000 empty seats could all surely be avoided.

A membership scheme would take many of these issues away and make all ticket games so much easier.  Would also be able to keep a track of how many games folk attend, and for all ticket matches prioritise sales in a simple way.

Good decision from the club regarding season ticket holders still being able to buy tickets though, hopefully those not yet got a ticket get a hold of one through that.

Although I agree with the majority of your post the cup smi-final shambles was not the fault of Saints we were well and trully shafted by the authorities there.

Weren't Saints offered about 5000 initially but said not necessary?  Sort of understandable given our recent semi-final supports up til then, but this was the first one since our cup success.

But you're right, the goalposts were moved by not giving us those extra 500 main stand tickets as agreed.

I don't see why the club don't keep home end tickets on sale dependant on having to buy a ticket for the following home game at the same time. Unlikely many Celtic fans would pay £50 to sit on the away stand and gives any home fan that would be attending the next home game anyway the chance to make this game.

I don't see why the club don't keep home end tickets on sale dependant on having to buy a ticket for the following home game at the same time. Unlikely many Celtic fans would pay £50 to sit on the away stand and gives any home fan that would be attending the next home game anyway the chance to make this game.

This is not a bad idea.

Saints definetly need to get something in place or were going to further alienate pissed off fans in these situations.

TBF it seems like the Police have forced this upon the club

Yes, but it's very telling that when Celtic roll into town, the club out up the shutters. No mixed fans in the muirton suite and no mixed seating in Ormond.

For what it's worth, I can totally see where police Scotland come from in imposing tighter restrictions. A pain that saints have to stop selling tickets, but in reality, how many saints fans are going to miss out? Half a dozen maybe? 

The alternative is Celtic fans in the saints end and while I think a mixed family section could work, a  bunch of adult Celtic fans could cause some bother.