saints v celtic

saint-johns-toun

Evidence yet again you have to go at that mob. Their defence is rank. Ours wasn't very good either though we did have an excuse.

4,1,4,1 with 10 men behind ball in the first half just played into their hands. Look what happened when we went 2 up front.

We got back to 3.2 & Tommy changes it again in 89 the minute to bring on another striker.Why ffs as we had just scored 2 goals playing the way we were.

Well that was almost a smash and grab comeback. 3 zip doon at HT, playing poorly, with a lot of really bad decision making and some shockingly bad passing, it looked like we might get totally hammered before we were suddenly back in it and were looking for one more chance before Celtic finally nailed the win with a late fourth. To be brutally honest, we deserved nothing, but sometimes in fitba you get lucky. We gave the ball away far to often in the 1st half and shot ourselv...es in the foot for all their goals.. I am not to down after our second half effort and I don't think the defeat will dent the confidence nearly as much as it looked like it would. Make no mistake, that Celtic side are far better than they were last season and the will steamroller plenty sides this term. They spent more on Sinclairs transfer fee than our entire seasons wage bill and on a financial basis, they should be miles ahead of us. One final thought... Will Scott Brown be ripping into the Thumb for his dive?? I won't hold my breath. Onwards and upwards... COYS.

Our season will not be defined by this game and no need to lose sleep getting beat by a team with players costing the same as our whole side.

We gave them too much respect in the first half and we're always going to struggle pinning ourselves back with a make-shift defence. For a midfielder who's job is to protect the defence it seemed like Paton was playing catch up with guys drifting past him with ease. Would of far preferred to see Alston in there.

Onwards and upwards!

Hard to complain, we were lucky we only lost by two goals. You could tell after the first five minutes we were due for a pumping, same old shite against Celtic of sticking ten men behind the ball yet still leaving players in acres of space. I understand good players find space, but we allow a free reign to take the time to pick a pass to someone whos created any, its infuriating.

TWs fawning over Celtic after the final whistle sums up the whole game tbh

Well that was almost a smash and grab comeback. 3 zip doon at HT, playing poorly, with a lot of really bad decision making and some shockingly bad passing, it looked like we might get totally hammered before we were suddenly back in it and were looking for one more chance before Celtic finally nailed the win with a late fourth. To be brutally honest, we deserved nothing, but sometimes in fitba you get lucky. We gave the ball away far to often in the 1st half and shot ourselv...es in the foot for all their goals.. I am not to down after our second half effort and I don't think the defeat will dent the confidence nearly as much as it looked like it would. Make no mistake, that Celtic side are far better than they were last season and the will steamroller plenty sides this term. They spent more on Sinclairs transfer fee than our entire seasons wage bill and on a financial basis, they should be miles ahead of us. One final thought... Will Scott Brown be ripping into the Thumb for his dive?? I won't hold my breath. Onwards and upwards... COYS.

Given what iam about to say I must go to the docs and get checked,

GHOSTIE I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. COULDN'T HAVE PUT IT BETTER MYSELF. 

As much as I dislike him I thought Scott Brown pulled all the strings in that Celtic performance. He just sat in front of the back 2 and played his passed round the park and showed how easy football can be.

Paton was good for Saints as was Foster.

Seemed a bit of a weird decision to pick such a negative line up when we had such a makeshift back 4 inviting them onto us. Felt a bit sorry for Foster being thrown into the lions den like that. Not yet fullt convinced by Paton or Alston TBH. Just because you pile ten men behind the ball doesn't make you defensively sound, think sometimes best tactic against Celtic is to press from the front as they don't like going direct

Given what iam about to say I must go to the docs and get checked,

GHOSTIE I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. COULDN'T HAVE PUT IT BETTER MYSELF. 

As much as I dislike him I thought Scott Brown pulled all the strings in that Celtic performance. He just sat in front of the back 2 and played his passed round the park and showed how easy football can be.

Paton was good for Saints as was Foster.

Paton and Foster?? I'm assuming that's tounge in cheek?

Paton was terrible. Always a yard behind play and did nothing of note. I've yet to see him do anything to impress me in a saints shirt.

Foster for me just isn't good enough. In their first goal, he switched off in the build up, stopped tracking the Celtic player on their left. Never been a fan of his and hope I'm wrong and he has a Swanson like rise from a bad start.

Unfortunately, I think Liam is done at this level too. Really like the guy, but he is struggling this season.

on the upside, Macca put in a shift and Swanson looked decent again. We looked much better when Kane came on a we out two up top.

We weren't really in the game in the first half and while Celtic are clearly better than last year, a more clinical team would/could given them a fair old hiding. We clicked too late that if we put real pressure on their back line we'd get something out of them. Kane's kind of game, would have been interesting to see the outcome if we had been more offensive from the outset.