saints v celtic

saint-johns-toun

Price is an absolute joke. I understand it makes sense financially, but getting fans back is reliant on getting them going to games on a Saturday as a routine, forcing them away from this match, then not having another home game for a month, is counter productive. £23 is too much as it is.

Think most of the posters have made pertinent points, however, Saints are responsible for paying the police themselves, I know for a fact it's not cheap! I knew of one policeman who said it was worth £200 in his hand for a four hour shift! So if you factor that in to the cost it makes the £27.00 more understandable.

I have a season ticket so won't be affected, however I can understand the disappointment of fans who would like to go?! 

Some ST holders I know don't go to the 'old firm' games because of the circus they bring......

Truth is you can't keep everyone happy :-( 

Think most of the posters have made pertinent points, however, Saints are responsible for paying the police themselves, I know for a fact it's not cheap! I knew of one policeman who said it was worth £200 in his hand for a four hour shift! So if you factor that in to the cost it makes the £27.00 more understandable.

I have a season ticket so won't be affected, however I can understand the disappointment of fans who would like to go?! 

Some ST holders I know don't go to the 'old firm' games because of the circus they bring......

Maybe saints should just not bother with the police and keep prices down. They do nothing when this lot are in town anyway. If they demand it because it is Celtic, make that very public and actively charge their fans more.

Better a higher ticket price than getting shifted to the main stand like it used to be.

Personally, I'd restrict all away teams to only the north stand and if required the bit in the main. Happy to loose out on the money if it maintains any kind of home advantage.

Think someone suggested it last season, but Saints could easily offer a deal for the Celtic match plus next home game (Hearts in September) for £40.  That way they are still milking the green pound whilst also not shafting our own support.

There are still quite a few Saints fans who pay at the gate, they maybe work shifts or can't attend every week due to distance or family reasons.  As Yellow Box says, not only are we giving the majority of the ground over to Celtic as it is (which I can understand for financial reasons), but we're actively discouraging our own support from attending.

The poster further up who says trust the board they know what they're doing.. I agree completely our board are excellent and we are lucky compared to the shambles other clubs' suffer, but I still think on issues where they get it wrong/ could improve upon people are right to say so.

Think someone suggested it last season, but Saints could easily offer a deal for the Celtic match plus next home game (Hearts in September) for £40.  That way they are still milking the green pound whilst also not shafting our own support.

There are still quite a few Saints fans who pay at the gate, they maybe work shifts or can't attend every week due to distance or family reasons.  As Yellow Box says, not only are we giving the majority of the ground over to Celtic as it is (which I can understand for financial reasons), but we're actively discouraging our own support from attending.

The poster further up who says trust the board they know what they're doing.. I agree completely our board are excellent and we are lucky compared to the shambles other clubs' suffer, but I still think on issues where they get it wrong/ could improve upon people are right to say so.

The multi ticket would be a great idea. Work it out so that you still pay the same £23 per game, but get it over 2 games, effectively £4 off the 2nd game.

Interesting to note that Hearts now give Celtic and Rangers a lesser allocation that they used to. Mainly because they can sell the seats to their own fans, something we'd struggle with, but must give them more of an advantage.

Too me our worst home supports seem to be against Celtic. Ie hardly any pay as you go fans.   Always seems more seats to be had.

The price ain't changing, buy your ticket or not. Is football in general too expensive, an extra £3 on what is normally charged for Old Firm isn't break the bank stuff. 

More importantly this is a crucial game if we are serious title contenders.  Nothing less than 3 points is a must.

Too me our worst home supports seem to be against Celtic. Ie hardly any pay as you go fans.   Always seems more seats to be had.

Every home game against Celtic seems to be live on tv which must be a factor.  There's a temptation for folk to not bother going and watch it in pub/ at home, and by bumping up the prices Saints pretty much make that an easy decision for some.

It's the bloke on his own that gets penalized when watching Saints.

As much as I like the kids deal we need to get a deal for fans who go regular or when they can but don't have a season ticket.

I work half the season so it's not financially viable for me to have one.

Mid day kick offs make it hard for fans to travel to games and a £27 ticket will make it a no brainer for fans to sit in the house or pub and watch.

The board at Saints have done a great job over the years and most are wealthy businessman who probably don't grasp how much £27 is to the normal working bloke or family.

The view of the East Stand on live tv on Saturday will be a total embarrassment with empty seats in the majority.

Its not just the Celtic fans your tearing the arse out of Saints it's your own fans as well.

As much as I like the kids deal we need to get a deal for fans who go regular or when they can but don't have a season ticket.

Mid day kick offs make it hard for fans to travel to games and a £27 ticket will make it a no brainer for fans to sit in the house or pub and watch.

The board at Saints have done a great job over the years and most are wealthy businessman who probably don't grasp how much £27 is to the normal working bloke or family.

The view of the East Stand on live tv on Saturday will be a total embarrassment with empty seats in the majority.

Its not just the Celtic fans your tearing the arse out of Saints it's your own fans as well.

I don't make enough home games to justify a season ticket but pay a similar amount to sponsor a player. I look upon it as a way of giving support to my team. Buy a season ticket and use as much as possible and the rest goes into the club we love.

Maybe we need more initiatives to financially support the club in a way that is not a season ticket. Might appeal to fans who don't live in Perth etc??

Edited by That Bar Toilet Attendant

I think Saints should have hadn't out "£5 off v Celtic " vouchers at the Aberdeen or Hearts matches,that way you could have still stung Celic for the £27 poond without or own fans being out of pocket .Would have put a couple of hundred on the gate and a good bit of pr at the same time . Simple. 

Every home game against Celtic seems to be live on tv which must be a factor.  There's a temptation for folk to not bother going and watch it in pub/ at home, and by bumping up the prices Saints pretty much make that an easy decision for some.

If I watch a game in the pub I end up spending more than I would in going to a match, although that probably says more about my alcohol intake than Saints pricing structure.

Celtic have sold out their entire allocation from Parkhead, no general sale.

Some Celtic tickets still available from McD park. Suspect they will go quickly now and that will finish the sale to saints fans.

If you want to go best be quick.

However that means more Celtic fans to rub there noses in it as Saints go top of the league and the East stand gives it large with a massive chorus of

Lets all do a Leicester

Lets all do a Leicester

na na na na

Let's all do a Leicester. 

What at does it take to do a Leicester? Belief, luck and a couple of players nobody expected to be superstars, along with the big clubs concentrating on each other until it's too late. 

If anyone in Scotland were to do a Leicester, this is their season.

just saying ;)

Excellent points ... I truly feel that 27 quid is well worth it for this game as we're seeing top quality and more importantly a nice 100K at least in the hipper 

Let's all do a Leicester. 

What at does it take to do a Leicester? Belief, luck and a couple of players nobody expected to be superstars, along with the big clubs concentrating on each other until it's too late. 

If anyone in Scotland were to do a Leicester, this is their season.

just saying ;)

I'll give you 1000 to one on a 1000 pound bet 

Maybe saints should just not bother with the police and keep prices down. They do nothing when this lot are in town anyway. If they demand it because it is Celtic, make that very public and actively charge their fans more.

Better a higher ticket price than getting shifted to the main stand like it used to be.

Personally, I'd restrict all away teams to only the north stand and if required the bit in the main. Happy to loose out on the money if it maintains any kind of home advantage.

I prefer bigger away supported crowds split up at either end of the  pitch. Seems quieter.. However the only reason we have 10000+ seats on the stadium was to accommodate the old firm. We should sell 4 stand's to them.... After all our club doesn't deserve success cos of its loyal fan base. (I joke)

Honestly can't recall any crowd more than 8000 when the best fans in the world come to town...  Guess can argue, punt all home fans in main stand and sell 3 stands to old firm and keep admission reasonable for a Grade 1 game or home fans stay at home in the East and half of Main and sell 2 behind goals and main to Celtic at inflated prices... Maybe if more Saints fans turned up to these games in the past we wouldn't see a hike...  This shouldn't be a surprise for when Rangers coming crawling into town... Will all be worth every penny when we win

grab a couple of kids off the street

1. save 8quid

2. you ll change 2lives forever

They are free but I think you MIGHT still need to get a ticket, I would check with the club just to be sure.

on the official site it said they will need a ticket. I emailed donald and he said the gate operators will be told that a few extra kids will be coming through the gates without tickets but all is ok ..