Saints v Hearts. 17/9/16 3pm K-O.

The ghost of Jim Morton

No fines then. I am sure they will want to thank Nevin & Thompson although Bonner & the ginger ex Hearts player probably would have said they were dives.

Don't think Saints will bother appealing. Its not what Saints do. They are not Hearts or Sevco.

By the way,never thought Kane's was a dive.

I can't understand anyone who was at the game can criticise Paton. Like everyone he made mistakes but along with Muzz he did his job to snuff out the Hearts midfield almost to perfection.

He simply doesn't have the pace, but at least we know that now. Error which assisted a 1 on 1 with Zander, but I completely agree his willingness to win was immense, some fantastic cross field passing and overall was at the Hearts players ankles biting away constantly.  A really good performance.

Paton is good when he has a little time and is facing forward. His passing is excellent. He's also good snapping into tackles. Where he's absolutely horrendous though is when he's caught out facing his own goal. He'll either lose it and get overrun or do some crazy punt back towards our end. This happens at least once a game. Overall he has more positives than negatives though. 

Don't always agree with Pat ( if you feel there is contact, you're entitled to go down) Nevin, but he summed it up perfectly on Sportscene with his "no dives" comments.

In both instances the defenders have stuck out a thigh and made contact after the ball has passed them and Saints should have been awarded free kicks.

In both instances the defenders have stuck out a thigh and made contact after the ball has passed them and Saints should have been awarded free kicks.

Having spoken to the 4th official about these incidents this morning sadly it's not as clear cut as that.....all down to interpretation of course. I'd still think both are at least not yellow cards and certainly an argument for free kicks. Guess it's up to Saints as to whether or not they make that argument for the players via an appeal. I'm also pretty certain that Wright knew fine well what he thought about both incidents before making the "fine" statement. I reckon he was putting the concept of fining your own players for diving out there.

I should also point out this same conversation with the 4th official has done nothing to change my opinion of Robbie "The Clap" Neilson. I still think he's a f**knugget.

Having spoken to the 4th official about these incidents this morning sadly it's not as clear cut as that.....all down to interpretation of course. I'd still think both are at least not yellow cards and certainly an argument for free kicks. Guess it's up to Saints as to whether or not they make that argument for the players via an appeal. I'm also pretty certain that Wright knew fine well what he thought about both incidents before making the "fine" statement. I reckon he was putting the concept of fining your own players for diving out there.

I should also point out this same conversation with the 4th official has done nothing to change my opinion of Robbie "The Clap" Neilson. I still think he's a f**knugget.

bit surprised the 4th official is allowed to discuss this sort of thing with members of the public.