Dave Mackay

livi saint

Elgin are riding high in dig 2. That was a great first result for cuptie. Here is hoping he gets a couple of our youngsters on loan in January.

Good result for Dave, but in truth Albion were very lucky to win that game.  Elgin should have had the game dead and buried before halftime and then the Elgin keeper is getting into the Christmas spirit a few weeks early by giving away all 3 goals.

Good result for Dave, but in truth Albion were very lucky to win that game.  Elgin should have had the game dead and buried before halftime and then the Elgin keeper is getting into the Christmas spirit a few weeks early by giving away all 3 goals.

I was really surprised that Stewart Black, The Saints supporting keeper who was outstanding against us, was allowed to leave.

SJYA are raffling a signed saints home shirt of cup wining captain and legend Dave Mackay at the home game v Ross County next Sshurday.

Tickets are £2 and will be sold in lounges and around the ground before the game.

COYS!

Worthy prize and great idea.

Just hope that the ticket sellers have not p****d off by 1455 so I can obtain 2 tickets.

C.O.Y.S.

• 3 weeks later...

I was really surprised that Stewart Black, The Saints supporting keeper who was outstanding against us, was allowed to leave.

Dave, I think he got hacked off at always being replaced by someone on loan, something that he never got the chance to do as he was always on the bench.  Any keeper needs to get a good run of games but Blackie never seemed to be thought of as a No1 and got replaced soonest.  

At least he's getting a regular game now down at Strathspeys Thistle. Maybe a season or 2 in the Highland League can get him another senior chance.

• 4 weeks later...