who will be our new captain

tucker

I'd actually suggest none of the players this season. Do it on a round robin basis.

2 reasons why though.

1. I think none of them alone are necessarily a captain in my eyes. Not because I don't think any of them are capable, but because there are so many who do the job anyway. They all sort of keep each other in check.

2. Very few are a nail on to play every week. Only Ando, Easton and Joe are likely to start each week they are fit. Joe for me seems too quiet. Ando doesn't seem to be a captain in the managers eyes and Easton I think might get replaced at left back before long.

For what it is worth, I think it will be Easton.

Guest ScottMann

Was surprised to read that Midge and Beaston remain joint Vice Captains, partly because I never realised they were. You'd think one of the roles of the VC was to take over from the Captain when he went so I wonder why Ando leapfrogged them both and why he wasn't a VC before. No criticism, just curious.

It wouldn't surprise if they'd asked the squad for who they wanted as captain, and they all agreed on Ando. I think a captains role for us is more just the most respected one, more than a player who has to keep other players on their toes, as the squad seems to manage itself pretty much.