Aberdeen v Saints. LC Quarter-final 22/9/16

The ghost of Jim Morton

Next up is a Thursday night trip up to the granite city to face Aberdeen in the LC quarter final. After Saturdays spirted and hard fought victory, the games dinnae get any easier. This one will be played to a finish which could easily mean a very late night ( not good for me as a very early riser but I will be travelling up anyway)  A decent £15 admission price has been set , which hopefully will add a few saintees to the travelling support. Buses running from both Barossa Street and McD and seats still available. The manager is urging as many of us as possible to get up there and cheer the lads on..

Team wise, Swanson should be back ( according to TW). No idea about Chris Millar as nothing seems to have been said at this point. Zander MUST keep the gloves after his last two clean sheets. Hopefully no new injuries from Saturday.

A great chance to secure yet another cup semi and the game is definitely winnable, although only if we  play up to our best.. and then, well who knows...

COYS

I had forgotten that Foster will be cup tied for this one. TW will have a decision to make with regard the right back position, I would be more leaning towards putting spoony there as him and Swanson going forward will give shinnie and Hayes something to think about and doesn't break up a decent CB pairing

Biggest selection problem is in defence, Foster is cup tied so we're down to three senior defenders. Back decision on whether to start Comrie at RB, or put one of Gordon or Gilchrist in the middle with Joe moving to the right, or maybe even one of Alston or Spoony at RB

Would have imagined if Gordon & Gilchrist were fit & available they would have been on the bench on Saturday before Cameron Thomson.

I would play Comrie there before Alston or Spoony.

Decent prices set for this so hopefully get a good crowd. The group has their own bus going up so definitely some atmosphere  :cool:

Just a suggestion but try and get as far up the stand as possible.  You'll get more of the stand joining in.  If you sit down the front or off to the bottom corner it'll end up just you lads singing 

Police told bus company they thought there might be 'trouble' so bus company cancelled our booking this afternoon, gutted 

That's shite. Nae need for the polis ( are you reading this Mr Policeman?? ) to do this.  back in the day, the polis had balls and  dealt with any disorder on site. That's what they were paid for. Now, the shitebags do everything they possible can to avoid any sort of  work other than lifting shoplifting mothers who are stealing nappies cause they are skint and  harassing motorists. That's why even people like me have little or no respect for them these days. All PC, diversity and  bollocks..  I could go on but it might mean an early morning wake-up call fae 15 of them, twa dugs and the helicopter..

You lot will need to get a bit wise on how to avoid letting  Mr Old Bill ken what yer plans are.

That's shite. Nae need for the polis ( are you reading this Mr Policeman?? ) to do this.  back in the day, the polis had balls and  dealt with any disorder on site. That's what they were paid for. Now, the shitebags do everything they possible can to avoid any sort of  work other than lifting shoplifting mothers who are stealing nappies cause they are skint and  harassing motorists. That's why even people like me have little or no respect for them these days. All PC, diversity and  bollocks..  I could go on but it might mean an early morning wake-up call fae 15 of them, twa dugs and the helicopter..

You lot will need to get a bit wise on how to avoid letting  Mr Old Bill ken what yer plans are.

Well said.

Guest ScottMann

Wonder how many Celtic or New co buses get cancelled by the polis

unreal .

Exactly. Again it's one rule for them and another for everyone else. How did the police know which bus company was being used anyway? Their handling of football at the non Old Firm clubs just gets more ridiculous.

Never had you down as one of the old racists. 

You were making a decent enough point til then. 

Aye cos that's a right racist comment right enough...  You're a ****ing muppet son....    make what you want of that one...:wink:

Aye cos that's a right racist comment right enough...  You're a ****ing muppet son....    make what you want of that one...:wink:

I won't even bother explaining it to you as you clearly can't see the connection, I am happy to do so if you can be civilised. I will say that I never said your comment was racist. 

Take a look at yourself before throwing insults about.

Edited by garydavidson