Hamilton v Saints. Sun. 25/9/16 3pm K-O

The ghost of Jim Morton

Probably have to happy with a point at NDPalthough we should be winning these games.

Surprised he brought on Comrie after the display of Gordon on Thursday but if he did not bring on a like for like replacement then what would have been the point of Comrie. I rate the guy so hopefully he did well.

Both teams were poor.

Danny wasn't on his best form.

Brian lost possession many times.

Blair stuck out wide. Again.

Could have won it but very few clear chances.

Imagine complaining about not going second!

Agree Easton was pretty poor but Alston did alright in the second half at least, and Swanson couldn't get any kind of form as anytime he got the ball he was brought down.  

Would have taken a point before the game. Hard match on Thursday long journey back with the players not getting home until middle of the night, and probably only a recovery session on Saturday for the players. The joys of tv controlled football

Great goal from Liam today, good support for Saints and hats off to young Comrie for a good display on his league debut..

Edited by mainstand

Danny wasn't on his best form.

Are you talking about Danny Swanson, the best player on the park by a mile??!!!

He ran that second half and got booted up in the air every 2 minutes.  Our good spell just before Accies scored was mostly thru him as well.

Disappointed not to win, but we were all over them in the second half without creating too many clear cut chances.  Missed Macca's link up play but Hamilton are a niggly, awkward team who are difficult to play against, and we dominated the midfield in the second half.

Alston was better in the second half, and supported the attack more. Comrie didn't look out of place and Liam became more influential after the break.

Not too bad a performance overall. 

Poor Saints performance today. Eye bleedingly poor at times. Half the team looked like they had taken sleeping pills. One up front was wrong ( proved by how much better we did towards the end when we went to two up front) Why the fook does this happen TW? Cummins up front aint the answer and up front alone is just mental. I thought he was very gash. Anyway, all that said, we did rescue a point. As for Hamilton, just the usual niggly shite fae them, breaking up the play at every opportunity and blatantly fouling when we looked like getting away from them. All their bookings were for pretty much for the same tugging/hacking. Finally the referee. Yet another masterclass in pishness ( for both sides) fouls where they did not exist and some amazing scenes of all in wrestling which it would seem is allowable. Stonewall penalty denied at the death did nothing to make me think ref Euan Anderson was anything other than hopeless. So a point it is and we take it and move on. A train day oot next week to Dingwall is planned but if we are to get anything out odf that game, we will need to be much much better. COYS

Oh and Dave Mc...  PATON wasnae playing fella.... So it certainly wasnae his fault

Poor Saints performance today. Eye bleedingly poor at times. Half the team looked like they had taken sleeping pills. One up front was wrong ( proved by how much better we did towards the end when we went to two up front) Why the fook does this happen TW? Cummins up front aint the answer and up front alone is just mental. I thought he was very gash. Anyway, all that said, we did rescue a point. As for Hamilton, just the usual niggly shite fae them, breaking up the play at every opportunity and blatantly fouling when we looked like getting away from them. All their bookings were for pretty much for the same tugging/hacking. Finally the referee. Yet another masterclass in pishness ( for both sides) fouls where they did not exist and some amazing scenes of all in wrestling which it would seem is allowable. 

Oh and Dave Mc...  PATON wasnae playing fella.... So it certainly wasnae his fault

Think I've wooshed you Gordon! Everything is Patons fault apparently, if it wasn't him, it must've been Scobbie then:wink:

We should have started with Gormley and Kane up front and shown we had a pair! I know neither are prolific but their job descriptions includes the title of Striker. Looked a weak selection against a team struggling at the foot of the table imo. Not a defeat though and Liam pops up every now and again to shut up his doubters.

Having just watched the highlights of the Saints game, perhaps I have been a tad overcritical. I still maintain though that one up front was wrong and the Cummins was gash.

Aye Zippy seems to be struggling to find any consistent form this season, or probably since his injury last season.  It was a tough shift on his own against two defenders that fouled him constantly, but for a big lad he didn't win many headers and seemed to get bullied a bit.

We have a decent squad. I don't know why Tommy starts every game with such a defensive formation. It is proven week after week that we cause problems with 2 up front.

I also think if we persist with Kane he will come good & some of these close misses will become goals.

We have a decent squad. I don't know why Tommy starts every game with such a defensive formation. It is proven week after week that we cause problems with 2 up front.

I also think if we persist with Kane he will come good & some of these close misses will become goals.

I can't see how 1 is always seen as a defensive set up. Surely having 5 in midfield allows you to push 3 up to help the striker.

The top scorers in our league only play 1 up.   

I thought Fosters injury forced a change of formation. Alston started in one and Swanson wide right, but it was changed to give Comrie more protection from Alston, who covers back better than Swanson, and it looked like Coulson went from being further forward to being wide left,but what do I know? 

I thought Fosters injury forced a change of formation. Alston started in one and Swanson wide right, but it was changed to give Comrie more protection from Alston, who covers back better than Swanson, and it looked like Coulson went from being further forward to being wide left,but what do I know? 

That's how I saw the change as well.

Didn't get the result we deserved from a decent performance.  Some of the over reaction/ criticism on here is incredible.  We were easily the better team, just our finishing that let us down coupled with a goal from a free kick that should never have been given.  Oh and that pitch should not be allowed - it's dreadful.