moved match madness

Killie v Saints scheduled for Sat 24th Dec 3pm start has been moved to Friday 23rd with 7.45 kick -off.. It is bad enough that we have matches moved because of out TV paymasters but they have no part of this  one. Oh no, 'tis BOTH clubs who agreed to this.  Phucking disaster for me as that day is our works Christmas  party. I suspect I will not be alone on this.  This decision has surely not been thought through at all.. Two journeys in the dark ( rather the one) on winter roads is  hardly putting the safety of fans at the top of the priority list.   You only have to think back to the accident on Saturday ( in daylight) to realise that there is a risk at the best of times..

:evil:

A lot of folk in the past have moaned about it being a Christmas Eve game. I can see why the clubs have decided they don't want fans/players/staff involved in this match on that day.

A sort of no win decision, as either way folk would moan.

That's fine, but why not just arrange it for the Friday in the first place? Why wait until October and then move it? It's not as if the existence of Christmas Eve comes as a surprise. Personally I don't mind too much when games are played, but as a long-distance fan who has to plan my matches well in advance it's the continual movement of games around the calendar that starts to become a pain.

I think its a brilliant game for Killie and sooooooo. Much more profitable as the 24th is a massive day for shopping and last minute needs I bet they beat the average attendance for this game. 

Xmas party , wedding s there's always an excuse just forget the dinner and go back for the party 

Forget the dinner and go back to the party he says.Aye right then Fae Kilmarnock. ?? Im not going to a night out that night but cant wait till Ghost gets a hold of yer pish.

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

byebyedundee    251

Members

1,289 posts

Posted 3 hours ago · Report post

I think its a brilliant game for Killie and sooooooo. Much more profitable as the 24th is a massive day for shopping and last minute needs I bet they beat the average attendance for this game. 

Xmas party , wedding s there's always an excuse just forget the dinner and go back for the party 

Quote function not working so I copied and pasted yee Wazzi..

Some of us have a responsibility to be at our Xmas parties to thank our teams for their hard work over the year. It's called good management ( I'd have thought you would understand that ;-)   )  I dinnae need an excuse not to go to a game as I go to pretty much all of em and would have liked to have gone to this one..  I will happily make a bet with you about the size of  the crowd because it aint just in Perth that it's black Friday..  I will say there will be less than 3693 at the game ( this was the crowd at our last meeting  ( 9th April 2016)  £20 to charity of the winners choice...    Do we have a wager???

byebyedundee    251

Members

1,289 posts

Posted 3 hours ago · Report post

Quote function not working so I copied and pasted yee Wazzi..

Some of us have a responsibility to be at our Xmas parties to thank our teams for their hard work over the year. It's called good management ( I'd have thought you would understand that ;-)   )  I dinnae need an excuse not to go to a game as I go to pretty much all of em and would have liked to have gone to this one..  I will happily make a bet with you about the size of  the crowd because it aint just in Perth that it's black Friday..  I will say there will be less than 3693 at the game ( this was the crowd at our last meeting  ( 9th April 2016)  £20 to charity of the winners choice...    Do we have a wager???

Using April is no barometer killie were fighting for survival and we were going for top six however since its Charity I'll give you that bet 

Im coming in for the Celtic game on February happily hand you over 20 .. and vice versa will be in touch nearer the time meet at the central pie shop half time

Yo I know you have responsibilities so don't think I'm belittling the importance of your position 

Message for Lark why oh why are you so aggressive and quick to bust my balls have I offended you my message was far from expecting him to not attend his work more of a jest I know we've all went to a game instead of a function I've missed a wedding and important meetings for saints why not we all have  and we will again  

That's fine, but why not just arrange it for the Friday in the first place? Why wait until October and then move it? It's not as if the existence of Christmas Eve comes as a surprise. Personally I don't mind too much when games are played, but as a long-distance fan who has to plan my matches well in advance it's the continual movement of games around the calendar that starts to become a pain.

I'm not sure, but the vast, vast majority of fixture date changes are within two months of the original date, so its hardly as if this is any different to when games are moved for TV/clashing fixtures. Its the exact same in most countries, with the likes of Spain and Italy willing to change dates within a month of the game. 

I agree that fans aren't generally thought about when games are moved for TV, but surely its not that unreasonable for the clubs to think fans might prefer to spend Christmas Eve at home than travel across the Country? 

the game was a 3pm kick off RG.. We'd have been home by 7pm and  happily tucked up in bed/ on the pish/ having a family game of charades/ jenga whatever. I have spoken to at least 25 saints fans in the last  24 hours who go to pretty much every game  but who will be unable to go to this one due to it being their Christmas night out.. Then there are a few others who have made travel plans to come home  and  fitted them around a Saturday game and  subsequently  now won't make the game.  I dunno about you but I like games on Christmas eve and new years day. gets you out of the house.. maybe it's an auld chunt thing.. I really think you are underestimating the amount of businesses that break up on the last Friday and have their  annual shindig that night..  Anyway, lets hope the weather phucks the whole thing up...:wink:

Its okay for you married men that get your missus to do the xmas shopping,  xmas eve is the main shopping day for some of us. So great idea to move it to Friday allowing an afternoon of shopping at the centre in Glasgow and then a drive to Kilmarnock.

Luckily our office planned xmas night out for the week before.:laugh: