Saints v Dundee. Sun 23/10/16 12 noon K-O

The ghost of Jim Morton

A wins a win but the 1st half performance was well below par as far as I am concerned. Better second half but still lacking something ( not sure what but certainly something) Ref was shite, Dundee look like a team doomed already.. Great work by Ando for his goal and Wee Danny took his penalty very well. 3 points in the bag.

Not a classic but I thought we played well. Dundee were dreadful.

Wotherspoon was class at times and Swanson played well again.

Love beating THEM.

Are you sure it was Wotherspoon you were watching ?.

He was dreadfully. Should have been hooked at half time .

Was he trying a stopover instead of putting his foot through the ball when he slipped in the penalty box late in the first half ?.

Workman like win- we were good enough for the three points and a late goal against us was pretty unfair in my opinion.

Swanson the obvious standout, but I thought Kane had a good game, showing some metal when holding the ball up and fighting to gain possession back.

Dundee were horrible. A team of very average players with no spark, no creativity and not enough fight. The lad upfront that won their penalty was woeful. Hemings and Stewart are a major loss that haven't been near replaced. Their marking for our first goal was woeful.

Another good 3 points that go towards a top six finish.

Muzz breaking into the box, completely off balance as usual, and falling flat on his face, only to be booked for diving was the refereeing highlight of the day.  Never a penalty, never even contemplated claiming for a penalty, booked for simulation.  Could have been off late in the game too for a studs to the groin tackle as a result.

Very strong, professional, workmanlike performance from Saints I thought, with Swanson just providing that little bit of magic. He's clearly really enjoying his football at the moment - some really quick feet and close control, and loved his little chip through to Coulson at the end.

I think we're really lacking a big, athletic striker. Not sure if Gormley could fit that description, but if we had that I think we'd be on course to finish top three.

I thought Kane had a good game, showing some metal when holding the ball up and fighting to gain possession back.

I dunno, he works hard off the ball closing down, and showed some tremendous close control, but he seems to lack any form of conviction. The amount of times he 1v1 with a defender and he just stops is frustrating, needs more arrogance about him.

On a side note. Can't see Watson getting in the team.

Seems a shame to have a good right back sitting on the bench when both fit.

Not sure its much of a shame, tbh, Foster is better than Watson and also less injury prone. I doubt we'd have signed Watson at all if we'd known at the time Foster would be free.

I think we're really lacking a big, athletic striker. Not sure if Gormley could fit that description, but if we had that I think we'd be on course to finish top three.

Last season Cummins was that mean, no idea whats happened to him, a bit of the Cillian Sheridans about the whole situation.

Reckon Coulson might start up front against The Rangers.

Great result but not overly happy with the performance don't think muzz or spoony  had  particularly good games.  Had we been playing a better team or atleast a team on form doubt whether we would have taken all three points.  Like the Killie game we were really ponderous at times and took three passes to do what could have been done in one.  I appreciate Kane's work-rate but now having seen him getting a few starts just not convinced he's ever going to be the player many of us hoped he would be.  Fortunately for us Dundee's forward who looked like a fat Stevie May missed that good chance early on and we weren't punished.   

Fully expect us to raise our game against Rangers as our away form has been good this season, 3 points there would be magic!

Good workmanlike performance. Three points. Ahead of Sevco. Great. Foster very comfortable as was Zander, he breathes confidence into the defence.

Swanson giving us great creativity. Don't really see whay Kane is giving us at the moment tbh.

Gormley must be pretty pants if he cannae even make the bench.

Onwards to Wednesday and three more points.

COYS

What was And doing at their penalty.

Sport scene experts say Saints shouldn't have got the pen but they never got the right angle. It was a two hand push in the back & Dundee didn't dispute it.

How slow is Paton .Gets ball with no one within 10 yards of him with a clear run on goal & yet gets caught before he gets in their half.

Muzz was lucky to stay on the park & he probably was fairly booked for diving.

First half we seemed to want to walk the ball into the net.

What was And doing at their penalty.

Sport scene experts say Saints shouldn't have got the pen but they never got the right angle. It was a two hand push in the back & Dundee didn't dispute it.

How slow is Paton .Gets ball with no one within 10 yards of him with a clear run on goal & yet gets caught before he gets in their half.

Muzz was lucky to stay on the park & he probably was fairly booked for diving.

First half we seemed to want to walk the ball into the net.

Alternatively the pitch is looking good

Dominated. Happy days. Comfortable in the end.  Dundee look poor, that's the worst team I've seen this season... 

We worked hard and seemed to have so much space to pass the ball around.  Second half we had all the play, never looked like conceding.

Quite a few decent performances today. 

That consolation goal for the Dees took the gloss off the win to a degree.  But 3 points is 3 points. Happy!