Tommy for Scotland

saintgscot

I just can't see how the Scotland job is a positive career move for anyone.  You could have an amazing qualifying campaign, and then have three or four bad results on the bounce and be destroyed by the media to the point that you become unemployable.  While Tommy has proven over three seasons that he can get the best out of a limited pool of players, each season has included a run of pretty awful results at some stage.  Do that at International level and you've finished bottom of a group and your career is over.  

Let's try something a wee bit different maybe.

No fixed position of Scotland "manager" but select one on a game by game basis (manager of the month?), making the role an honour for whomsoever is selected. 

A couple of Assistants could do the scouting in Scotland/England and further afield as necessary.

Its time for a freshness of approach and I don't see any real benefit paying a fixed manager a lot of money for what should be seen as an honourable appointment (with a suitable amount of success-related remuneration).

Just a thought and I'm well prepared to be shot down in flames for the suggestion but surely we must try something different?

Lambert out of the running I think...Eck's had a bash, Dekko needs to do more work at Pittodrie, McGhee?..got the front.

What about McCoist? or is he now a lost cause?

nobody has seen McCoist for years, since that time he puffed his chest out in a macho current bun  type way and said............... "We don't do walking away" and then he ahem walked/ran away :laugh:

Tommy is exactly the type of manager Scotland need, however I don't think he's a big enough name for the SFA to consider him.  If they did offer him the job, I'd be very surprised if he turned it down.  He'd get a much higher salary and he's probably achieved as much as he's ever going to achieve at Saints so this would be a much bigger challenge for him.