Tommy for Scotland

saintgscot

You are maybe too young to remember Stein, Roxburgh and Brown then, who had us as one of the best 8 sides in Europe. All proper Scottish coaches. Strachan has never coached in Scotland and it's widely known that Levein was too influenced by his time at Leicester.

Is Rodgers a "proper Scottish coach" in your opinion?

I'm sorry but how can any Saint  want Tommy as the National team manager? We've seen all his flaws regarding substitutions and favouritism to senior players. He has learnt a hell of a lot at Saints and is still learning and he is a very good manager for Saints but the National team should be aiming a lot higher.

I'm sorry but how can any Saint  want Tommy as the National team manager? We've seen all his flaws regarding substitutions and favouritism to senior players. He has learnt a hell of a lot at Saints and is still learning and he is a very good manager for Saints but the National team should be aiming a lot higherAhi

Sorry about above . System is shite .

Was going to to say. Today showed why Tommy will never manage a bigger team. Tactically inept & persists in players who he liked but are not up to scratch is Wotherspoon  & Craig.

Edited by Cagey

Sorry about above . System is shite .

Was going to to say. Today showed why Tommy will never manage a bigger team. Tactically inept & persists in players who he liked but are not up to scratch is Wotherspoon  & Craig.

He is a brilliant manager for Saints but the Scotland manager needs to be a class above. Strachan would likely get the same results as TW at Saints if he were manager.

That is why I'd like none of them to be our National team manager. We need a saviour and they aren't it.

I wish this stuff would cease.

If it continues, TW will quickly move to an English League 1 club. (Please not Charlton Athletic...there's great pain there at the moment and he wouldnt stand a chance, likewise Leeds).

Forget about Scotland gig...TWs a good club manager. International football requires a different mindset...like Craig Brown..or even Berti Vogts. Too many rubbish players at the moment and the blazers are no paying any mair money in compy. 

Then who would take his place? Be careful what you wish for.