Tommy for Scotland

saintgscot

Lambert out of the running I think...Eck's had a bash, Dekko needs to do more work at Pittodrie, McGhee?..got the front.

What about McCoist? or is he now a lost cause?

You realise the manager doesn't need to be Scottish?

Let's try something a wee bit different maybe.

No fixed position of Scotland "manager" but select one on a game by game basis (manager of the month?), making the role an honour for whomsoever is selected. 

A couple of Assistants could do the scouting in Scotland/England and further afield as necessary.

Its time for a freshness of approach and I don't see any real benefit paying a fixed manager a lot of money for what should be seen as an honourable appointment (with a suitable amount of success-related remuneration).

Just a thought and I'm well prepared to be shot down in flames for the suggestion but surely we must try something different?

Are you serious?

Tommy is exactly the type of manager Scotland need, however I don't think he's a big enough name for the SFA to consider him.  If they did offer him the job, I'd be very surprised if he turned it down.  He'd get a much higher salary and he's probably achieved as much as he's ever going to achieve at Saints so this would be a much bigger challenge for him.

Saints have probably supplied more managers to Scotland than everyone except  the team formally known as Rangers.

The only Saints player with a realistic chance of being picked for the Scotland squad is Zander and only when he leaves Saints. Ando is not international class regardless of being our cup final hero and present Captain. 

Ando may not be international class but nor are any of the muppets we have played in central defence for the last year or more. And that's exactly where we lose all our goals. 

I'm sorry but how can any Saint  want Tommy as the National team manager? We've seen all his flaws regarding substitutions and favouritism to senior players. He has learnt a hell of a lot at Saints and is still learning and he is a very good manager for Saints but the National team should be aiming a lot higher.

I'm sorry but how can any Saint  want Tommy as the National team manager? We've seen all his flaws regarding substitutions and favouritism to senior players. He has learnt a hell of a lot at Saints and is still learning and he is a very good manager for Saints but the National team should be aiming a lot higher.

A lot higher would not want to manage Scotland.

Do you have any suggestions.

He's consistently shown the ability to get the best out of his deck of cards. Since he's been in charge we've finished 6th, 4th and 4th as well as winning a Scottish cup. While there are minor frustrations with some short term decisions, the long term results speak volumes about his ability. Looking at the list of names in the running for the managers position, if it were to become vacant, he is certainly not out of place. I wouldn't want him to get the Scotland job as it would severely hamper Saints but he's definitely capable of doing a good job for the National side. 

Scottish manager has to Scottish. Maybe the posters on here are too young to remember Berti Vogts. Looking around I would like to see one of George Graham, Alex McLeish or as a real outside shout, Jim Duffy, who was very well respected at Chelsea. 

The fantasy appointment would be Sir Alex, King Kenny or Brendan Rodgers.

Scottish manager has to Scottish. Maybe the posters on here are too young to remember Berti Vogts. Looking around I would like to see one of George Graham, Alex McLeish or as a real outside shout, Jim Duffy, who was very well respected at Chelsea. 

I didn't think people like you actually existed.

A high powered job at the SFA awaits you,my friend!

The Scottish guy in charge just now is a long way off  getting to Bertis standards.

Big eck walked out on the national team -no thanks!

I'm not sure that well known Scotsman Brendan Rodgers would be willing to take on the job.

I'm not sure that well known Scotsman Brendan Rodgers would be willing to take on the job.

That's why I said a fantasy appointment. The SFA should make sure they don't make the same mistake as they did with Sir Alex and let him get too old. He will want to go back to England after Celtic but make it known to him they want him at some stage. He was very well respected at Chelsea as a young coach.

I remember Levein so we can't have another Scottish manager.

You are maybe too young to remember Stein, Roxburgh and Brown then, who had us as one of the best 8 sides in Europe. All proper Scottish coaches. Strachan has never coached in Scotland and it's widely known that Levein was too influenced by his time at Leicester.

Guest ScottMann

You are maybe too young to remember Stein, Roxburgh and Brown then, who had us as one of the best 8 sides in Europe. All proper Scottish coaches. Strachan has never coached in Scotland and it's widely known that Levein was too influenced by his time at Leicester.

Ah right. Just trolling. I did wonder. However there are many who genuinely have this concept of because the only non Scot we had in charge 'failed' we can never have another one while overlooking the fact that we've had Scots who failed bit it's ok to continue appointing more of them. It's utterly ridiculous. Ok, carry on. I'll leave you to it.