FAIR CITY UNITY

Sjfcu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are we witnessing the death of FCU?

With numbers dropping and the amount attention they are getting from the police and stewards every game, will this group of fans fold? I hope not as they have brought back an atmosphere which has been missing for years.

If what i hear is true and the police chapping doors pre games and banning orders can you blame them!

With numbers dropping and the amount attention they are getting from the police and stewards every game, will this group of fans fold? I hope not as they have brought back an atmosphere which has been missing for years.

If what i hear is true and the police chapping doors pre games and banning orders can you blame them!

If that's true and banning orders are being placed on members then why? if it's for criminal offences then fair enough but you'd then expect them to be bad enough to make the news and see people with charges placed against them and up in court? if it's only young lads creating a bit of noise and an atmosphere then it's a damn shame, the powers that be once again squeezing the life out of the Scottish game.

The club seem very quiet on them so do they even see a problem? I would hope there would be some communication between the parties involved before banning people completely. The last thing we need is less people going through the turnstiles because they're trying to support the team and have fun.

From what I was getting told last night you are spot on, would appear the club only want well behaved quiet fans attending games :evil:

11 banned from mcdiarmid just now, I think 9 are up in court being over 16. Definitely easy target for police and stewards. 2 boys thrown out yesterday for having 'banning orders' both of which did not. Not had any backing from the club which we are disappointed at. It's off putting to be honest and makes you think is the football really worth it anymore.

11 banned from mcdiarmid just now, I think 9 are up in court being over 16. Definitely easy target for police and stewards. 2 boys thrown out yesterday for having 'banning orders' both of which did not. Not had any backing from the club which we are disappointed at. It's off putting to be honest and makes you think is the football really worth it anymore.

Think it was the Thistle game, I was coming back fae the bogs 10-15 mins intae second half and 3 stewards were launching what I guess was ain of your lot for, wait for it, spilling coffe or tea on the floor. Didn't throw it, didn't splash anybody but still got launched. If he's ain of your lot and he needs witness pm me. I would describe him but ye's all look alike tae me. :confused:

But yeah supporting yer team is worth it.

Edited by Oldermoresensiblepack

As far as I'm aware there is a current police investigation ongoing relating to conduct both before and during the dundee game on Hogmanay relating to a) behaviour in the city centre pre-match and b ) pyro at the game itself. None have yet been at court.

As far as I can tell it's not the guys you see st the games making the noise that we're taking about, but some people who have become hangers on at away games such as at Dundee who have caused bother. Some of that bother in Dundee before the game was out of order and if anyone ends up banned due to that they've only got themselves to blame. And I'd expect if anyone is caught for the pyro at Dens they'll be dealt with similarly. You can argue until you're blue in the face about the merits or otherwise of smoke bombs etc but the people who set them off did so in the full knowledge they're outlawed and what would happen to them.

Every time I've spoken to people at the club about the FCU they've been very supportive of what they've done in their section at McD. But equally they can't condone some of the stuff that has happened away from there.

Was really pissed off after last Celtic game at home wrote to club

im going to post on here my letter to club and there response you could not make it up

and again the same has happened

1.....stewards are utter shit bags unless it's the young ones

2....police are utter shitbags 

3... Saints as a club well least said the better 

heavy hands empty seats