FAIR CITY UNITY

Sjfcu

Clubs are now held responsible for fans behaviour, in and out of the ground, and new regulations will make them even more so

This leads to fines and who knows what other potential punishments in the future

That wasn't the case back in the days that some people can't seem to let go

Like it or not, it's a different environment now, and the tartan rug brigade, as some like to refer to them, are not lacking in understanding if the stage in their lives that these young guys are at, the attractiveness and excitement of a bit of an edge on match day etc, but are aware of the need to think about the impact on our club, both reputation wise and financially, and to that end, whilst recognising the good things they bring to the games, will condone their behaviour when it steps over a certain line

@RandomGuy Did you miss the part " The young folk in that crew shouldn't be causing trouble about the place, unless provoked/defending themselves. "

The way you argue is like someone on Question Time.........."  supporters, are seen as representatives. " <-- BULLSHIT. That is nonsense. I go to football for my own reasons. I experience it in my own way. We all go to football for our own reasons and see the game as we do individually.  

" defendable for anyone to verbally abuse families, including young children , as they apparently done last night "

**** the Jambos. And tell me how many kids were at a night game..... really? Aye...........................no many.

What Saints fans do around stadiums is absolutely Saints problem. A group of supporters representing them getting out of control in towns and cities across Scotland is obviously not going to sit well.

I'm not overly bothered about the FCU having some 'hud me back' harmless fights with like minded fans, but at the same time Saints need to be seen to condemn this. It's worth bearing in mind that the group were banned from their section as a collective, not banned from the ground as individuals. I'd imagine if Saints get no more reports of bad behaviour at away games between now and the end of the season then they will be back in place for the European games. 

Also worth noting that the 'tartan blanket' support are lifelong Saints fans who deserve a bit more respect than they're being given here. People can support their club however they see fit. 

Who reports to saints about behaviour ? Is there a super snooper squad with video back up that alerts the club that fans are naughty again .can it be believed  ? what drivel.

what do ye mean by out of control? Sounds like more sensationalist  bollocks.

Am in your tartan blanket category it goes with sandy carrs  bunnit.i support the club how I see fit.

" defendable for anyone to verbally abuse families, including young children , as they apparently done last night "

**** the Jambos. And tell me how many kids were at a night game..... really? Aye...........................no many.

There were a lot of kids seeing as how they are on school holidays just now

Who reports to saints about behaviour ? Is there a super snooper squad with video back up that alerts the club that fans are naughty again .can it be believed  ? what drivel.

what do ye mean by out of control? Sounds like more sensationalist  bollocks.

Am in your tartan blanket category it goes with sandy carrs  bunnit.i support the club how I see fit.

The police, other clubs, twitter, Facebook, forums, eyesight, hearing. Take your pick. 

If Saints take this action against the young lads for fighting and then hand Foster and Swanson relatively light punishments in the same week, for fighting, they are going to look very, very silly......

Not really though for serveral reasons. 

1 - They've taken relatively light action against the fans involved.

2 - Foster and Swanson haven't had prior warnings about their behaviour that they've chosen to ignore.

3 - Foster and Swanson lost their calm in a pressure cooker environment, it wasn't pre planned and/or a police matter.

The two issues are not comparable at all. 

I can tell you're never ever going to actually understand this isn't 1983 anymore due to the fact you're defending the abuse of children because "there wasn't many of them", so we'll just leave it there. 

Big sing song tonight without them although still some down the front, few giving it laldy up at the Tesco fence gooding  the Hearts fans before the game. 

Decent saints support tonight so roar was pretty good, more likely to be missed at a Hamilton home game! 

Hope this gets sorted out as plenty of fans banned in the past now saintees stalwarts. Those that have been caught being naughty will have banning orders that are at the clubs discretion to allow them back.

Lots that haven't been banned in the past would have been by today's standards. 

I know of one local business man who was big in the Pack back in the sixtees ( now these were the days FCU choir boys in comparison) who gave it laldy home and away ,and  now is respected by the board.

Not really though for serveral reasons. 

1 - They've taken relatively light action against the fans involved.

2 - Foster and Swanson haven't had prior warnings about their behaviour that they've chosen to ignore.

3 - Foster and Swanson lost their calm in a pressure cooker environment, it wasn't pre planned and/or a police matter.

The two issues are not comparable at all. 

No 3 Tell that to Duncan Ferguson

No 3 Tell that to Duncan Ferguson

Duncan Ferguson was a police matter because the police decided to act on it. Saturday was five seconds of handbags that the police quite rightly took absolutely no action on, despite some ridiculous rumours in the media. 

I had felt that the FCU lads were getting targeted unfairly by the stewards and police over the last few months however, if there has been trouble at away grounds, then my sympathy has gone completely. There is no place for fighting at football matches anymore. I sincerely hope you go on supporting our team in the manner you had been, you were a genuine breath of fresh air and the club needs the support. 

I have some sympathy for FCU and like Cagerf hope that in the future they can return to providing vociferous support to the team without the less appealing antics they sometimes adopt.

I would also like to comment on their views as to the support those of my vintage give to Saints.

1. I do not bring a tartan rug with me to matches nor am I aware of any preference for such articles in any of the McD stands.

2. I was not aware that Saints catering provided prawn sandwiches but if they decide to do so in future I will still stick to my favoured pie and bovril.

3. I do not indulge in a polite ripple of applause when Saints score.  I jump up and behave like a demented budgie.  I am also fond of indicating to the opposing support my opinion of such happy events by means of gestures which were first employed by Welsh and English archers towards the French at the battle of Agincourt.

COYS

Kinda sums up you're unintelligent and very backwards opinion. It's unfortunately people like you who despite maybe following saints for years don't have a place amongst supporters. 

Is MySpazz the guy who sells Saints related items - tops, t-shirts, etc?

If so, a more conciliatory tone would perhaps help sales.

Then again, if everything sells, perhaps it won't :)

Kinda sums up you're unintelligent and very backwards opinion. It's unfortunately people like you who despite maybe following saints for years don't have a place amongst supporters. 

Widge have you ever met My Spazz ? If you have met him, I  do appreciate if you have your own assessment and self opinion of him. I personally think he is great dude and found him far from being unintelligent. I guess when you say he has backwards opinions, I guess you mean he reminisces about Saints history like a lot of us oldie saints supporters.  As for him not having "a place amongst supporters", he un selfishly set up a Skype call for one of the european ties a few seasons ago for us exiles because we cannot get BBC Scotland, I think about 12 overseas supporters benefited from it. I have never bought the saints gear he advertises on here but I see many people thanking him for it. I met My Spazz in London a few years back with a few people who post on this site and we had a great crack watching Saints v Rangers in The Sports Bar in Haymarket. 10 saints fans and one The The supporter. Great to outnumber them for once. In my opinion, My Spazz has every right to be placed amongst Saints supporters. Who the fvck are you to say otherwise ?   

Edited by AthensSaint

Widge have you ever met My Spazz ? If you have met him, I  do appreciate if you have your own assessment and self opinion of him. I personally think he is great dude and found him far from being unintelligent. I guess when you say he has backwards opinions, I guess you mean he reminisces about Saints history like a lot of us oldie saints supporters.  As for him not having "a place amongst supporters", he un selfishly set up a Skype call for one of the european ties a few seasons ago for us exiles because we cannot get BBC Scotland, I think about 12 overseas supporters benefited from it. I have never bought the saints gear he advertises on here but I see many people thanking him for it. I met My Spazz in London a few years back with a few people who post on this site and we had a great crack watching Saints v Rangers in The Sports Bar in Haymarket. 10 saints fans and one The The supporter. Great to outnumber them for once. In my opinion, My Spazz has every right to be placed amongst Saints supporters. Who the fvck are you to say otherwise ?   

Does he travel first class aswell :roll:

All getting bit heated on this one a bit ironic given the subject.