FAIR CITY UNITY

Sjfcu

• 4 weeks later...

Boozy football fans — some wearing balaclavas — alarmed passers-by and forced traffic to stop in Dundee city centre.

The group of St Johnstone supporters were on their way to see their team play Dundee at Dens Park.

Some of them walked in the middle of the road, causing disorder — including Liam McCallum, 23, of Viewfield Place, Perth, and a 17-year-old male who can’t be named for legal reasons.

McCallum, who was wearing a balaclava, also walked across the top of a parked car.

The pair appeared at Dundee Sheriff Court charged with disorderly conduct and breach of the peace.

They both admitted the charges against them.

Fiscal depute Colin Wilson said the duo were walking on the road, along with other members of the group, causing traffic to stop as they moved through the city centre. The pair caused disruption to motorists and fear and alarm to passers-by in Marketgait, South Marketgait, Nethergate, High Street, Murraygate, Cowgate and Princes Street.

The younger male has posted photos on social media of the St Johnstone “ultras” group Fair City Unity — which was warned by the club last month over its behaviour.

• 2 months later...

Ach well,  we"ll just have to hire a section of the "Green brigade" on match days and see what reaction there is by stewards and Police.:wink:

Keep up the chanting/singing.

C.o.y.s.

Naw, changed my mind about Green Brigade. They have just been given a 2 match ban by their club.

Club penalised 10 times in Six years.

Best fans in the world.......my arse.

• 4 months later...

They certainly improved the atmosphere at McD and I would welcome them back. However they certainly didnt help themselves with their behaviour especially at away games.

They certainly improved the atmosphere at McD and I would welcome them back. However they certainly didnt help themselves with their behaviour especially at away games.

Cm on what difference between the 60s and today answer is social media, would never have seen a game if we had it back then, and blowing trumpet haven't turned out to shabby either

Cm on what difference between the 60s and today answer is social media, would never have seen a game if we had it back then, and blowing trumpet haven't turned out to shabby either

Plenty of social advancements since the sixties that have nothing to do with social media. 

Maybe it's easier if you compare other things that have also changed since the 60s, like black people being allowed to sit anywhere on a bus.

Especially if their main motivation is to behave like neds.

The majority were OF fans without the bus fare anyway.

Oh! First I heard that one. If the majority were OF fans why support Sainties with such fervor ? Learning something new every day.

At least they weren't members of the Scottish Defense League. 

Like all young groups who follow saints, often home and away, or at least the big games anyway, there are a few who are going along for the banter and shenanigans. Been that way for as long as I can remember. Will be the same with the next batch too.

True Dat.!  ! Dundee Game.!!!

Plenty of social advancements since the sixties that have nothing to do with social media. 

Maybe it's easier if you compare other things that have also changed since the 60s, like black people being allowed to sit anywhere on a bus.

Even the Drivers seat. !? or especially the Drivers seat back then.!? shite analogy BTW.

Edited by croc
spellin