Saints v ICT 3/12/16

The ghost of Jim Morton

Amazing that we are fifth in the league with so many players who are out of their depth at this level:roll:.

Even when we win this site makes bloody depressing reading these days.  Craig and Spoony may not be world beaters but are more than capable at this level.  They have both contributed a decent number of assist and goals (some very important ones at that) in a Saints shirt.  The haters should at least suggest some decent replacements if we are going to ditch players.

We played very well on Saturday and with a better ref would have won much more comfortably.

Spoony is a terrific footballer, who unfortunately tries too hard sometimes to change games.  He plays his best football by far when he is relaxed and not putting himself under too much pressure to do everything at once.

Craig is one of the most determined players in the league, and hates losing almost as much as Ando.  He's an absolute nightmare to play against, and a player we would all hate with a vengeance if he played for someone else.  Almost Scott Brown-like in the way he plays the referee.  He also clearly hates Dundee.

after seeing the 2penalty shouts i think they would have been soft if given 

Have to agree.

Thought at the time & angle from east stand that Spoonys was a stonewaller but on telly there was nothing in it.

At the time I thought the ref pur Fosters down to a coming together rather than deliberate foul.

I thought Liam was disappointing but to be fair he took his goal well. I thought Spoony and Coulson did okay but nothing special. Stand out for me was Muzz - even without the goal - he kept winning the ball in important areas. And it was great to see Swanson bringing a bit of creativity to the side - I was genuinely excited when he was on the ball. Took me back to the days of Maskrey and Moore, when you knew that if they got the ball they would make something happen.

Having watched the highlights I can see why the ref didn't give the penalty when Foster went down - and I think he was fairly consistent in not giving the penalty up the other end when Ando pushed an ICT player in the back.

I actually thought that Swanson was poor on Saturday. Nothing he tried really came off and he held on to the ball for far too long on occasions. I mean an off form Danny Swanson is still better than half the players in our team at the best of times, but wasn't one of his better days. 

Craig was awful once again, bar his goal. 

I actually thought that Swanson was poor on Saturday. Nothing he tried really came off and he held on to the ball for far too long on occasions. I mean an off form Danny Swanson is still better than half the players in our team at the best of times, but wasn't one of his better days. 

If Danny was as poor as your post suggests and 5 others were worse care to give me a clue as to how the other 5 (one of whom must have been Zander) managed to wipe ICT off the pitch.  Is it just that I am far too easily pleased? 

Great to hear we won 3-0 when everyone was shite ; )

Players like Liam Craig  are the reason St Johnstone have had (relative) success over the past few years. 

Maybe not the most technically gifted but determined to win and willing to run through a wall to make it happen if need be. We NEVER get any less than 100% effort from him. 

If you want players who can show flare when things are going well but are lazy and hide when it gets tough, buy yourself a Hearts top with Nicholson on the back.

Players like Liam Craig  are the reason St Johnstone have had (relative) success over the past few years. 

Maybe not the most technically gifted but determined to win and willing to run through a wall to make it happen if need be. We NEVER get any less than 100% effort from him. 

If you want players who can show flare when things are going well but are lazy and hide when it gets tough, buy yourself a Hearts top with Nicholson on the back.

Nae need for the personal abuse :mrgreen:

Take that back, Swanson is a beautiful man and everything he does is amazing

#gayfordanny