Saints v ICT 3/12/16

The ghost of Jim Morton

From the FA's Laws of the Game:

"If, when a free kick is taken by the defending team inside its penalty area, the ball is not kicked directly out of the penalty area the kick is retaken."

Fair play to the ref for this one. One of few things he called correctly all game.

The linesman flagged it. Whether that was what made the ref make the decision or not..........

Can't believe some having a go at Liam Craig's performance.  He was much better yesterday.  I only noticed one misplaced pass.  He scored when we could have expected it blasted over the bar, and did you spot the sublime control on the left wing late in second half?  Give the guy a break.

Can't believe some having a go at Liam Craig's performance.  He was much better yesterday.  I only noticed one misplaced pass.  He scored when we could have expected it blasted over the bar, and did you spot the sublime control on the left wing late in second half?  Give the guy a break.

You know Craig is the ginger one, right?! Aside from a five minute spell after the goal his pass completion must have been below 40%. He punted several straight out the park and several times found an ict shirt.

Craigs in the team because he does the running for two players, and is naturally left sided, which makes him the perfect foil for Swanson. Hes never been great on the ball, or even a great striker of it, but hes capable of hitting some belters.

I think he's a poorer player than the one who left, he shouldn't be a starter, and his poor technique is highlighted further in the centre of the park, but I can absolutely see why TW plays him in the role he does. Its when we're playing a four man midfield, and hes one of the two central players, that I worry about, but the furthest left of a midfield three, he's perfect.