Dobbie released?

Broon

I don't think Coyle liked Dobbie because of his weight and his work rate but the last time I saw in a saints shirt was in a friendly at Cowdenbeath. He scored a great goal and first man over to congratulate him was OC.

When he left I thought it was a good for us and his last chance to do anything. If we go up I think he would be potentially a good signing.

Give the lad credit, he has lost a fair bit of weight and looks sharp enough. He was always lauded as one of the best finishers in the league, even when he (wasn't) playing for Saints. He has to be a target for us in the summer!!?

Someone said previously that a QOS source had said he was in discussions about a pre-contract with us, I read in the Scotsman (I think) that Dundee were hoping to get him, wouldn't have thought they could afford him.

Someone said previously that a QOS source had said he was in discussions about a pre-contract with us, I read in the Scotsman (I think) that Dundee were hoping to get him, wouldn't have thought they could afford him.

I would be genuinely happy to see him come (back) to Saints. I think he has probably matured a bit from the raw talent we got from Hibs. The lure of being our number one striker in, hopefully, the SPL should be a big enough draw for him.

It gets a thumbs up from me!

I would be genuinely happy to see him come (back) to Saints. I think he has probably matured a bit from the raw talent we got from Hibs. The lure of being our number one striker in, hopefully, the SPL should be a big enough draw for him.

It gets a thumbs up from me!

As much as I would like to see that happen, it seems unlikely..

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1178650?UserKey=

To be fair he was crap for us.. nothing like he is now!

he missed so many chances,couldnt turn or beat a man so he had to go because we had alot of good strikers at that time.

I think you must have been watching a completely different Dobbie at Saints from me, because that sounds nothing like the player I remember playing for us. Unless by "to be fair" you actually mean "to be completely inaccurate".:razz:

I think Dobbie has improved his game considerably since leaving us, whilst he showed flashes of what he was capable of - BH I also remember an away game at Hamilton, curled one into bottom corner from edge of the box after good build up - he never seemed to produce it consistently enough to merit a new deal.

Therefore I dont feel it was a mistake letting him go at the time. Would I have him back now? After the last 2 games against us, I'd bite your hand off!

the majority of the time dobbie was average for us, a few games he was awful. Over weight, uninterested most of the time he was with us. I found it really frustrating, as he showed in glimpses he was a talent. He certainly is a better, fitter and overall a better player now.

A lot of what is said here is absolutely correct...

Overweight at Saints - Yes

Underacheived at Saints - Yes

Showed signs of potential at Saints - Yes

Was releasing him one of OC's few mistakes - Yes

Would I have hime back at Saints - IN A SECOND!

He is one of the few players who have consistently given our defenses problems over the last couple of seasons. Above everything else he scores goals!

With the guys we have up front just now they aren't giving us alot of goals now are they? I am the first to say that Savo, 'is a Saintee and hates the ##cking Dundee', has been outstanding for us in recent months and played through the pain barrier but something isn't quite gelling in the last third, at least not enough to be confident we can score regularly in the SPL.

I think Dobbie could do a lot for us if he came back - Thats if he would come back after all I dont think he was too impressed at being released in the first place!

I think Dobbie could do a lot for us if he came back - Thats if he would come back after all I dont think he was too impressed at being released in the first place!

...it was, of course, a completely different manager in those days though. I'm pretty sure some sort of clash between Dobbie and Coyle was at the heart of his failure here. I can't imagine he'd have any problem with McInnes/the current set-up. I guess a move to Burnley probably won't be happening any time soon though!

Id love to see the Dobster back, at the moment if i could pick one (realistic, available) player to sign for us it would be him, i thought it was a mistake allowing him to leave just as he was starting to learn to play his way rather than as a wee striker. He has as ive said developed his style to use his assets ie his strength, skill and shooting. He is the type of player we need, i dont think we'll get him but i hope Del pulls out all the stops to get him. One factor however that i think might put him off is the bad reaction he got odd of some of the suport in his previous spell, as a result can i ask everyone on here to list if they would love to see dobbie back, like to see him back or wouldn't. just to maybe help show our support would like to see him back. ^_^