Fartick v Saints 1/2/17

ex-montrosesaintee

Good effort by the Saints tonight. great 3 points.. Character, character, character.... Thistle fans seemed to be seething quite badly... Zander Clark kept us in it with a string of top class saves... Only down side was the bus getting bricked by some wee bastards which meant we were delayed getting home..

Good effort by the Saints tonight. great 3 points.. Character, character, character.... Thistle fans seemed to be seething quite badly... Zander Clark kept us in it with a string of top class saves... Only down side was the bus getting bricked by some wee bastards which meant we were delayed getting home..

I hope our young lads are not planning revenge at the cup game in Perth !

Partick fans currently all over twitter saying we're a "dirge" on the Scottish game who are forcing fans away, and that they'd rather win nothing than play like us. 

Tremendous reading. 

It is misplaced anger. If I were a Partick fan I would be raging about handing over those three points. Missing an open goal and gifting one at the wrong end is rotten.

Guess they just can't see their own faults past their anger, just like the Aberdeen fans.

Should we steal the "No one likes us, we don't care" motto?

Winning ugly.  However sign of a good team... clinical. Great effort by all. Zander gets high fives... Another clean sheet and good saves in first half.  Partick were decent first half and the utter garbage second half. We didn't need to break sweat the second half.  And the injury time playing the clock down in the corner, right in front of all their fans leaving for the exit was hilarious... I mean classic. It's the best I've ever seen Saints keep ball in the corner and the red card is a cherry on top.  PMSL!   

The Scottish cup game in 10 days might be tasty... I sense a niggle 

Aye the son was there and said it was indeed a classic wind up and masterclass in time wasting right infront of the Thistle fans....huge praise to MacLean who really bammed their fans up..some boy!

I hope our young lads are not planning revenge at the cup game in Perth !

Although a Police matter, as it happened outwith the stadium, I sent an email to PTFC stating "I hope the incident does not lead to a tit for tat situation " among other things. Received a reply from Admin. assistant, saying they are aware and are assisting Police with enquiries. 

Although a Police matter, as it happened outwith the stadium, I sent an email to PTFC stating "I hope the incident does not lead to a tit for tat situation " among other things. Received a reply from Admin. assistant, saying they are aware and are assisting Police with enquiries. 

Well done. I would be disappointed if this went down but police need to be involved and on guard.

As I left the Hammy game last week- 5 mins early( I sit in the West stand)  I watched the young neds from Ham marching around to confront the young team openly discussing the fracas and Police and stewards watched and did SFA and must have known it would kick off.

I have only just now watched the highlights although I listened to it on Old Firm Broadcasting Corporations Sportsound last night. Although I am taking nothing away from Zanders performance last night, he was in the right position at the right time all night ( which, of course is one of the main attributes of being a top class goalie) I would only put one of his saves down as being outstanding in other words if he had missed any of them I and plenty other McD moaners would be pretty pissed off with him and calling for an AM recall.

The Swanson yellow card while never a penalty it was a harsh yellow just because a player goes down in the box doesnt mean either a penalty or a yellow card for diving.

Overall a great 3 points I would be happy with the same result next Saturday

I am in negotiations to by a phucking Bazooka..  That'll  teach em , although given my head was about 6 inches away from the impact, I still maintain it was  NOT a  slug/bullet/cruise missile but a good old fashioned ROCK....

Now we know that the intended target was Ghostie, no need to blame the Partick fans as it must have been a fellow Saint! :laugh: