Saints vs Celtic 05/02/17

David123

Absolute criminal decision.

Tommy's fuming in his interview, no wonder.

Sky Sports showing their bias again by having Brendan Rodgers in the gantry, yet only give Tommy a quick 5 minute interview. 2 ex Celtic managers and an ex Ranegrs player for post match pundits - I'd rather have Sutton and Craigen any day rather than this pish.

16473681_981301415335154_8529569953910099132_n.jpg

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Can Thomson be reported to compliance officer for cheating.

Should be removed like Collum was. It seemed to help him.

It wasn't only the penalties.

He never gave Danny any protection & the least we touch on a Celtic player was pulled back for a foul if they never gained advantage.

When you watch games like that, it is difficult not to say that the ref's are biased towards the likes of Celtic & Rangers. The pen. decision is just shocking. Seeing it back on TV makes look worse, even in real time. Seemed to me that the ref was looking to make sure Celtic got their lead back. Really should be brought up for the decisions, demoted for a week or whatever.

As for the game, thought we were in for a hiding in the first ten mins but were more than comfortable despite all Celtic's play....until the ref decided he wanted to make sure they continued their run.

Feel sick after that.  Yes Celtic are a good side. Yes they may have won it regardless. But going  3-1 up after an hour would have given us a hell of a chance. Only Craig Thompson and whoever pays his wages will know what the **** those decisions were all about.

There's a referee supervisor who reports on the officials after every game. In extreme cases, refs are rested or sent to ref wee games involving the likes of Dundee United or Annan for a while. It's possible the ref might issue an apology, but that's rare. That's the most you can expect, and I doubt even any of that will happen.

We might not have won this game anyway, but 2 (possibly 3 ) shocking decisions fro that prat Thomson certainly changed the whole pattern of the game. We were looking good for something out of the game before Thomson joined in. Surely there must be some sort of sanction on Thomson for this performance. 

We might not have won this game anyway, but 2 (possibly 3 ) shocking decisions fro that prat Thomson certainly changed the whole pattern of the game. We were looking good for something out of the game before Thomson joined in. Surely there must be some sort of sanction on Thomson for this performance. 

Wont hold my breath then

Feel sick after that.  Yes Celtic are a good side. Yes they may have won it regardless. But going  3-1 up after an hour would have given us a hell of a chance. Only Craig Thompson and whoever pays his wages will know what the **** those decisions were all about.

celtic would be my guess.

The thing that pi$ses me off is the willingness to award a penalty for Celtic.   It's an error that's ultimately cost us any points.  We played well. We'll organised.. At the time Celtic looked like they are running out of ideas, out of no where a horrendous ref decision is made...  so keen to award it.

What's the point?!

Ref standards in Scotland are deplorable.   

Well played from us, players deserved more. Great effort but we can't be too downbeat. Cup game v Jags coming which is more imporant. .. And we seem to be the only team in the league to run Celtic, so our time will come when we beat them in the Scots Cup final.

You know what? I can take losing football matches, it happens, but what I witnessed today just scunners me. Celtic have the best team in the league by a long long way, they spend upwards of £40 million on the team and have some fantastic players but when the man charged with officiating the game does that, it almost makes me want to find something else to do at the weekend. Through his gross ineptitude, Craig Thompson just killed any chance we had, stone ****ing dead. It was disgraceful at best and outright cheating at worst. I am PROUD of the team I follow, I thought we did brilliantly this afternoon, the lads gave their all in a contest of 11 v 11, they worked so hard but when it becomes 11 v 12 and the 12th man has all the power you really do think what's the ****ing point.

Usually moan about not getting the decisions against Rangers and Celtic, but then come away and more often than not can see how some can be given, although don't agree usually. 

However today I can't see any reason for most of these. Not just the penalty decisions, but the constant pulling of zippy, countless fouls etc. How did their guy Bitton not get a booking for a foul in the centre circle when a saints player got booked for exactly the same thing 5 minutes before.

Why bother for games like this, it's either inept refereeing or cheating and both are not excusable at this level.

Really need tv decisions like rugby. Either to help out the refs or keep it all above board...

.. And we seem to be the only team in the league to run Celtic, so our time will come when we beat them in the Scots Cup final.

Firstly you'll need to find a competant referee from other than the official SFA/SPFL ref. pool.

Ideally it would somebody outwith Scottish borders who is used to not being intimidated by a large hostile support.

Just back from the game. Still well pissed off. What's the ****ing point....:

The point is we are a team with integrity! We win in spite of referees not because of them... If I had a choice between supporting Celtic or Saints always Saints! Who wants to support a team that has a 12th man every game & no not the crowd! Who knows they may still have beaten us despite the dodgy decisions ... Unfortunately we will never no :-( 

Gutted for the Saints players more than  myself, for the effort they put in despite decisions not given for them ( only given in areas of the park which were not a threat to the opposition) and loads given against them, culminating in the PENALTY? decision.

Shocking refereeing.