Saints vs Celtic 05/02/17

David123

Echo all that was said about the referee - absolute joke today and if all the crap about how these things "even themselves up over a season" come true we're going to win every fecking game 7-0 between now and May.

Thought Tommy had the tactics right today and the players all put in a good shift. Zander had some excellent saves, We barely missed Ando at the back (Watson looked really solid and took his goal well). Muzz was a star and Spoony and Zippy held the front well. Even Paton was solid although I was worried he'd fade after the booking. Danny had a better game but still seems to lack confidence and was easily blocked out of the game.

Still at least we don't need to get the players fired up for the cup match.

Some stuff on Twitter about loads of police, including horses, wading into the Celtic mob as they exited the stadium. Was there aggro in the ground?

We were parked at the Celtic end of the mainstand there were half a dozen horses lined up facing the Celtic fans as they were coming out there were also a lot of police standing around. We left about 3 mins from end and on way out got passed by 4 riot fans heading in. So obviously something on the go. 

As far as police scotland they managed to miss the biggest crook of the day Craig thomson impersonating a ref. 

Some stuff on Twitter about loads of police, including horses, wading into the Celtic mob as they exited the stadium. Was there aggro in the ground?

After one of their goals a couple of them ran on the pitch, then back into the stand, police grabbed one as he went back and a standoff occurred. No idea how it ended up as I lost interest. 

Assume it was just an extension of that. 

Either that or Celtic fans are making something up to claim victimisation, as they can't exactly use the ref for it today. 

A couple of points from today's game

1. Tommy and the players have obviously worked very hard to figure out to play against Celtic rather stacking out the midfield and hoping for the best

2. Celtic are in no way shape or form hard done by, by officials and is a total falsehood that they are.

3. The number of 'alternative facts' flying about, like even if Celtic had went 3-1 down they would have scored another 3 or 4 anyway. A win was never in doubt is tosh.

4. The reasons that saints 'fell apart' after the penalty was more down to the players being angry about they had just witnessed.

5. I hope this fosters a siege mentality for the rest of the season

And good on Liam Craig for not shaking hands with that cretin Lustig at the end of the match, the guy is a grade A ring piece.

Onwards and upwards comrades

On reflection I thought we played well enough. Will need to see their penalty again and there was never 5 goals in it. Tayside's finest seem capable of policing and turfing out some spotty teeager in the East Stand but OF fans seem to be able to leave the stand as and when they wish with no consequences.

Edited by Bruno Strasser

The sooner they f*** off to some other league that they think will benefit them, the better.

scottish football will thrive without them long term. 

Somehow I think you will have difficulty convincing the 'Chairmen' and board members of the wee clubs that they can exist without the lucrative green pound and, of course the new blue pound.

They are quite happy to continue with the status quo ad-infinitum you only have to look at the way none of them rocked the boat over the death and rebirth of an Ibrox newco.

Attendances at the smaller clubs will continue to either, remain at the same level or, they will drop off as folk get fed up of fessing up good money only to be taken for patsys by incompetent/biased officiating.

A right kick in the teeth for St Johnstone professional football players, and in no way a true reflection of the match, was the clip just shown on the BBC national news showing Celtic back heeling and flicking the ball about in the Saints penalty area before the goal. Of course this will come as no surprise to the ignorant. I mean that's what they expect to see when they play these wee diddy clubs, is it not.

Edited by Indicator

Somehow I think you will have difficulty convincing the 'Chairmen' and board members of the wee clubs that they can exist without the lucrative green pound and, of course the new blue pound.

They are quite happy to continue with the status quo ad-infinitum you only have to look at the way none of them rocked the boat over the death and rebirth of an Ibrox newco.

Attendances at the smaller clubs will continue to either, remain at the same level or, they will drop off as folk get fed up of fessing up good money only to be taken for patsys by incompetent/biased officiating.

A right kick in the teeth for St Johnstone professional football players, and in no way a true reflection of the match, was the clip just shown on the BBC national news showing Celtic back heeling and flicking the ball about in the Saints penalty area before the goal. Of course this will come as no surprise to the ignorant. I mean that's what they expect to see when they play these wee diddy clubs, is it not.

Agree 100%. The current business model of Scottish football will only lead to the death of Scottish football, a slow lingering death as more and more fans become disillusioned. No fans no football

Agree 100%. The current business model of Scottish football will only lead to the death of Scottish football, a slow lingering death as more and more fans become disillusioned. No fans no football

Tried to edit my original post.

By my reference to 'the ignorant' in my last sentence I meant those south of the border who due to selective editing have once again seen exactly what they expect to see of football north of the border. 

Having had chance to see the alleged handball incident several times at best Thomson is totally incompetent as there is no way in a million years he could give that if he saw it properly and if he didn't see it properly he can't give it. Totally changed the course of the game as thought we were doing well up to that point. Hope to never see him at McDiarmid Park again