Saints vs Celtic 05/02/17

David123

In my 40 odd years watching Saints I don't think I have ever seen such a ****in biased and utter shitbag of a refereeing display ever , it really does make you think " what's the ****in point ".

Liar,its nearer 50 years chief.And in that time like me you will have realised when playing Celtic or oldco/newco rangers the odds are stacked against you.Sunday wasn't or ever will be the last occasion we see this type of refereeing display.

Hopefully our players aren't too down and take it out on Patrick this weekend.I also hope tommy doesn't get into bother for speaking the truth.

we all ken Scottish football is a fuqing joke.

In answer tae yer question what's the ****ing point ? I say console yer self in watching a Braw wee local club And having some of the Braw times with yer mates.

fuq the rangers and selltics .see ye in the pub

Great credit to Tommy and the players for giving it a go. Craig Thomson refereed in my most memorable match of all time so I will cut him some slack.

That is his only saving grace as yesterday was the most biased piece of refereeing I have ever seen. Can only assume he was afraid of Brown as he was in his face in a very aggressive manner. Should have been booked for it but carried on for rest of game.

Aye the refs are terrified of Brown,just look at the push on Anderson in the last game against the unwashed wtf! Back to yesterdays game...Celtic may well have gone on to win that game but as Tommy said the penalty decision was a game changer as well as a few other bad decisions.Still,proud of the display the boys put in though but still gutted at what might have been.COYS!!!

A lot positive to take out of that game yesterday and despite the reverse, it reflected well on Tommy Wright. He'd clearly put a lot of thought into the game plan and although we were a bit wobbly for the first few minutes, soon found our shape and the high, disciplined pressing of Celtic meant that much of the 70% possession they were always going to have was 100 yards from our goal. Opting for Cummins made us less reliant on our own passing game, which TW had acknowledged was weak in the previous meetings with Celtic. We created three good chances, took two and scored a well worked set piece.

We dropped a bit deeper after half-time but again, after dealing with their early spell of pressure, were in decent control of the game before it turns on the refereeing decisions. I was going to say they need to go in your favour to beat Celtic but it wasn't even a case of favour yesterday, it was about Thomson getting them right.

The players were always going to be affected by the handball award but I'm not sure Clark had another proper save to make before Dembele scored the third? We get done on the break for the fourth and had chucked it by the time the fifth went in.

Happy with the performance as a team and from the individuals though and with the referee doing his job properly, there's enough evidence to suggest we'd have got our reward.

I'm still sick to the back teeth after Sunday but in an attempt to move on here are some positives from Yesterday.

1.Really impressed with Fosters contribution - what a find-  how did Ross County let him go? Must have been a fall    out with the manager he has been brilliant for us. 

2. Been a long time waiting to see a fit Watson settle in but he was great yesterday - good things to come from him.

3. Central defense looked solid even without Ando, Joe was excellent and Tam came in and did his usual reliable    turn.

4. Cummins led the line brilliantly again - now that he is back to fitness we will see the best of him.

5. After a couple of heavy challenges Muzz just knuckled down and broke up everything, still playing great.

6. Paton - I wasn't keen on him coming here but in the last few weeks I really see his worth, another canny signing.

7. Tommy's game plan was spot on he really is a great tactician.

In all, everyone played their part yesterday and it is really a shame that the effort was for nowt by subterfuge. I personally hope if we get passed Partick in the cup and that will be a real task, they are a decent side but if we get passed them I hope we pull Celtic at McDairmid again - that would be blood and guts and I have great belief in Karma.

Edited by SaintJet

Great credit to Tommy and the players for giving it a go. Craig Thomson refereed in my most memorable match of all time so I will cut him some slack.

Your first sentence I totally agree with but your second is an absolute load of bullshit. Thomson yesterday was at best incompetent I tend to think though that he was shit scared of giving anything against Celtic which in my view is cheating. Should we also accept Collums incompetence because he had a decent game in our semi against Aberdeen.

I hope we pull Celtic at McDairmid again - that would be blood and guts and I have great belief in Karma.

We're still "due" a decision against Celtic after Hesselinks dive in the Semi, Sandaza being wiped out with no penalty at Celtic Park, Mackay being denied a penalty before being sent off after a dive from Boerrigter at Mcdiarmid, May being hauled down off the ball without a penalty, Wanyama throttling Wright without being sent off, plus Ando being clattered to the ground without a penalty a few weeks ago. We've now got another two to add to the list. 

Assume you expect us to win about 8-0 through penalties? 

We're still "due" a decision against Celtic after Hesselinks dive in the Semi, Sandaza being wiped out with no penalty at Celtic Park, Mackay being denied a penalty before being sent off after a dive from Boerrigter at Mcdiarmid, May being hauled down off the ball without a penalty, Wanyama throttling Wright without being sent off, plus Ando being clattered to the ground without a penalty a few weeks ago. We've now got another two to add to the list. 

Assume you expect us to win about 8-0 through penalties? 

Remember this one too?  No penalty.

null_zps60df8ee1.jpg

I was surprised at how empty the east stand was yesterday. Where did the extra 700 fans from the Hamilton game go?

I know it's been debated before but surely when there's a opportunity to fill the ground and generate more revenue for the club it should be done?

A swathe of fans refuse to go to games against Celtic/Rangers, for fairly obvious reasons. 

If you're going to suggest us giving more stands to Celtic then GTF, I'd rather lose £400k a season than give them rodents the whole stadium. The extra policing it would cost over a larger stand would nullify any "profit" anyway. 

Googled Craig Thomson - wanted to see what his Celtic squad number was - and discovered he caused an international incident in Turkey in December 2016. In the game Besiktas v Dynamo Kiev he sent off 2 home players and gave Kiev a shocking penalty.  Kiev player running in on goal charges a Turkish player out of his way but then falls over the flattened Turk.  Penalty says our favourite ref.  Guy is seriously incompetent.

A swathe of fans refuse to go to games against Celtic/Rangers, for fairly obvious reasons. 

If you're going to suggest us giving more stands to Celtic then GTF, I'd rather lose £400k a season than give them rodents the whole stadium. The extra policing it would cost over a larger stand would nullify any "profit" anyway. 

Eloquently argued RG. Silly me I was forgetting Saints are absolutely rolling in it, and have no need for a few extra hundred thousand pounds a year. I'll just GTF back to my capitalist little world, where funnily I have to maximise the revenue in my business to keep people in jobs and generate a profit for reinvestment.

Your not often wrong but your wrong again.

Anyone remember the Maltese ref we got at Easter road when the refs did their strike?

Still the best refereeing I have seen in recent years.

The compliance officer has got to report him form that.

i emailed the refereeing officer at SFA, probably 4-5 years ago,(can't remember which game or which inept performer), I got a real 'we're in charge and you know nothing run along sonny reply'.

Scottish football is institutionally biased for the green and blue teams: we saw that when it was proposed to parachute the blue team straight back into the SPL. 

Why do we bother buying into it? Leave them to play each other week about and start a proper football set-up without them both.

As far as I am concerned the blue team should still be working their way back, like Gretna2008 and Clydebank.

I was surprised at how empty the east stand was yesterday. Where did the extra 700 fans from the Hamilton game go?

I know it's been debated before but surely when there's a opportunity to fill the ground and generate more revenue for the club it should be done?

Don't know about the rest but..... I went down to the ticket office on saturday with a couple of boys fae Creiff and it was shut. That was 2 tickets for me and about 6-7 for them lost, because of that. They spend all that effort to get extra bodies in for the Hamilton game and then slam the door in yer puss the next week?

Don't know about the rest but..... I went down to the ticket office on saturday with a couple of boys fae Creiff and it was shut. That was 2 tickets for me and about 6-7 for them lost, because of that. They spend all that effort to get extra bodies in for the Hamilton game and then slam the door in yer puss the next week?

I definitely think Saints slipped up there. Not sure how well they advertised their opening hours locally, but I'm surprised they weren't open even for a few hours on the Sat.

Edited by Sheffield Saintie

I definitely think Saints slipped up there. Not sure how well they advertised their opening hours locally, but I'm surprised they weren't open even for a few hours on the Sat.

Your right. I really believe the club could be doing more to get the fans in - Tickets should be available up to kick off when they're still available.

Eloquently argued RG. Silly me I was forgetting Saints are absolutely rolling in it, and have no need for a few extra hundred thousand pounds a year. I'll just GTF back to my capitalist little world, where funnily I have to maximise the revenue in my business to keep people in jobs and generate a profit for reinvestment.

Yeah, let's shunt your regular customer from the seat they've paid for, into a different position, purely to allow more rivals into the same stadium. 

If you'd happily see McDiarmid filled at both ends, and the East Stand filled, with rival fans purely for extra money then fine. 

I can see financial logic in it, but the backlash from Saints fans last time it happened suggest you'd be doing more harm than good, all for the sake of some extra pieces of silver.