Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

That Alashkert game was brutal.

Can't help but think Mr Brown wasn't too unhappy that we didn't progress. With the prospect of Kazakhstan in the next round. Was Scobbie not in CM? I seem to remember a suspiciously strange starting line up.

Can't say I was too upset about losing it myself. 

Didn't we have 7 first team players unable to play due to injuries ? Hence the strange line up 

Can't help but think Mr Brown wasn't too unhappy that we didn't progress. With the prospect of Kazakhstan in the next round. Was Scobbie not in CM? I seem to remember a suspiciously strange starting line up.

I was at both legs. The heat plus lack of pre season cost us the away game, and we just choked at home. I can't get your suggestion that Broon was pleased to see us lose - why would our Chairman (or indeed a supporter, per your last comment) want anything other than Saints to go as far as possible in Europe?

Are you seriously trying to suggest Tommy played an under-sterngth team in order to throw the tie? Absolutely no chance. Tommy was livid about that result and he's made it pretty clear in the past that he has ambitions for us to progress in Europe.

Are you seriously trying to suggest Tommy played an under-sterngth team in order to throw the tie? Absolutely no chance. Tommy was livid about that result and he's made it pretty clear in the past that he has ambitions for us to progress in Europe.

There was no mention or insinuation of TW throwing the game in the post. What the poster was getting at was had we progressed we would have had to travel almost as far as China to play the 2nd round tie, which for sure would have caused some logistical and financial problems. 

We certainly let that tie slip out of our hands and brutal was a good description- Ando nearly lost an eye!

I bet I wasn't the only one leaving McD that night after drawing with Alashkhert thinking "that that was my lot" of watching European football with Saints.

This team are amazing.

There was no mention or insinuation of TW throwing the game in the post. What the poster was getting at was had we progressed we would have had to travel almost as far as China to play the 2nd round tie, which for sure would have caused some logistical and financial problems.

Reading it again and I definitely see an insinuation of that. What's the "suspiciously strange starting line-up" bit all about? "Suspicious" in what way? I agree that Steve Brown probaby wasn't gutted about us missing out on having to go to Almaty, but I don't see what the connection is between that and our starting line-up.

We certainly let that tie slip out of our hands and brutal was a good description- Ando nearly lost an eye!

I bet I wasn't the only one leaving McD that night after drawing with Alashkhert thinking "that that was my lot" of watching European football with Saints.

This team are amazing.

We didn't draw :wink:

Nope - that's your words not mine

As has been mentioned though, even with the injuries I remember thinking our starting lineup/shape could have been stronger. 

Guest ScottMann

McInnes reportedly told Aberdeen he wants to hold talks with Sunderland, and is willing to hand in his resignation to force it through.

Stories just exploded onto the scene and is now everywhere. 

Have to feel Wright would be on their shortlist

Could you expand on everywhere please.

Could you expand on everywhere please.

Someone mentioned it a few days ago in the newspaper comments...

Twitter, Aberdeen forum, Sunderland forum, P&B

Theres a 15 page thread started today about it on the Sunderland forum.

Edited by RandomGuy

Take your point, but revenue figures are completely irrelevant. So many folk on here go on about how much we earned from this, and that, like the players worked for nothing and the pies baked and sold themselves. 

The only figure that matters is revenue minus expenditure. 

To be fair Aberdeen is the perfect club for Tommy to get the experience of managing a larger budget, fan base and overall bigger club, which could further pave way for a bigger move to England. But at the same time, he'd be facing huge expectation at Aberdeen when the Old Firm are spending fortunes on players to walk the league, which could put a move to England in doubt if he initially does shite, when he could stay with us and still be looked at for finishing top 6.

Stewart Milne would be foolish to not look at Tommy.

Guest ScottMann

Someone mentioned it a few days ago in the newspaper comments...

Twitter, Aberdeen forum, Sunderland forum, P&B

Theres a 15 page thread started today about it on the Sunderland forum.

Silly me. I was looking at Sky, BBC and other msm.

In the 8 posts about him on P&B you say he's resigned because of budgets, nothing to do with Sunderland, and that Alex Neil has been sounded out. Well, you're certainly back anyway.

Silly me. I was looking at Sky, BBC and other msm.

In the 8 posts about him on P&B you say he's resigned because of budgets, nothing to do with Sunderland, and that Alex Neil has been sounded out. Well, you're certainly back anyway.

Without being funny, but I've not seen an article in the papers/on the bbc website, that I haven't read on a forum/twitter at least the night before, if you have an inclination to be looking for such a thing. Swanson to Hibs was common knowledge three months before a media outlet picked it up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ScottMann

Aberdeen want Alex Neil if he goes

Interesting. He'd be great but I don't think he wants to come back to Scotland yet. Mind you Aberdeen would probably be one of the jobs that could get him back.