Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

Neil said on the radio a few weeks back he had no interest in coming back to Scotland yet.

TW will be their man. I reckon Stewart Milne knows they can't financially afford to drop down the league at the moment, and TW virtually guarantees that. His record of replacing "star" players could also work for him. Compare him to the others mentioned like Jack Ross, Alex McLeish and Alan Stubbs, and it's not even a contest. 

I'm certain TW would take it too. He'd double his wages, his exposure and would quadruple his budget.

Yes I agree but Tommy still has two years of his contract left. Which would require compensation to be paid and if he is on say £100,000 that would mean Aberdeen would have to pay £200,000. I think they might be reluctant to pay that amount and prefer to go for someone without a club or with less time left on their contract or on a lesser salary.

Yup agree with the above . Unfortunately i think Aberdeen will come for Tommy....they are getting well compensated and will gladly shell out . Will Calum go though?? I think he will.  Id have Paul Hartley or big Yogi.

You were doing well until the last sentence.

Aberdeen fans haven't been very complimentary regarding Tommy, slating his style of football as negative etc. If DM was to leave will the AFC board listen to their fans ?  Wouldn't be surprised to see Eric Black managing the Dons  next season 

Aberdeen fans don't seem keen on Wright at all. That suits me fine.

Wright is a superior manager to McInnes- there's no doubt in my mind on that one. The better calibre of player he was given, the better a job he would do.

Here's hoping everyone thinks he's too old, too negative and too boring- we will just have to continue putting up with European football.

Aberdeen fans haven't been very complimentary regarding Tommy, slating his style of football as negative etc. If DM was to leave will the AFC board listen to their fans ?  Wouldn't be surprised to see Eric Black managing the Dons  next season 

The fans were dead against hiring McInnes as well, mostly due to the Rangers link, but the board there just ignored them. I doubt the fans have any say in the next appointment 

Does no one think Tommy would say no to Aberdeen? 

Me, if it was any of the ugly sisters wanting him then I'd change my opinion. He'll end up down south most probably championship level. We'll still have him for start of the season, but come around Xmas that might change. That's my prediction anywho :)

Me, if it was any of the ugly sisters wanting him then I'd change my opinion. He'll end up down south most probably championship level. We'll still have him for start of the season, but come around Xmas that might change. That's my prediction anywho :)

Over the past couple of years there has  a been lots of vacancies down south & Tommy hasn't even been mentioned.

If he gets an offer from Aberdeen he will be away like a shot.

Seemingly attendance is up 12% this season.

And nobody slapped the players and manager harder than the chairman the season after the cup win imo.

Does no one think Tommy would say no to Aberdeen? 

Me. The only way is down for Aberdeen from here, The Rangers spending cash, Hibs back in the big league, St Johnstone about to buy some jewels and the sheep losing half their first team all adds up to a poisoned chalice. 

Me. The only way is down for Aberdeen from here, The Rangers spending cash, Hibs back in the big league, St Johnstone about to buy some jewels and the sheep losing half their first team all adds up to a poisoned chalice. 

Del hasn't actually replaced anyone yet has he? With that added to what you mentioned then it isn't looking good for the Dons.

Derek Adams has thrown his hat into the ring for the Dons job, assuming Del goes.

If that was to happen, what chance Plymouth looking at Tommy? They'd see him as having a similar pedigree to Adams, repeated success with a provincial club, only better

What's clear is we're unlikely to keep him if McInnes moves on, even if it's not directly then it'll be indirectly. His clear unhappiness in his recent interviews is a disastrous sign with all these jobs apparently opening up. 

Are you reading into something that I never noticed in interview ?.

Big mistake by Del.

Only way is down for Dons unless their new director has said he will throw megabucks at them.

According to some quotes being attributed to McInnes, the new guy is pumping money into the new stadium and new facilities for them. A rumour going about on forums and that, that he's been handed the money for Hayes (£1.3m reported) plus extra to spend on fees. 

Big mistake by Del.

Only way is down for Dons unless their new director has said he will throw megabucks at them.

Don't think it is and yes, their new director is going to invest. Plan is to take them to 'the next level' whatever that may be.

I still think he'll end up leaving, just think Sunderland is the wrong club for him. Unless they get promoted at the first attempt on what will be a relatively shoestring budget, he'd be out. Good for Scottish football as a whole, but maybe a bit more money at Aberdeen might not be bad for Saints in regards to Wright. I suspect that if/when Del goes, they may want higher profile people than Tommy.

Another interesting aside is that viewing figures in England are way down (14%) whereas in Scotland the game is thriving. Maybe this is the start of the bubble bursting and if so, the drain of talent from Scotland to traditionally smaller clubs being over. Would Tommy want to go to say a Rotherham or Bristol City type club if the money dried up?